HK 416 Kills Bin Laden- Article - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: HK 416 Kills Bin Laden- Article

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Damn thing reads like a clickbait article honestly.

That picture has been around for years...pretty doubtful that that's the actual rifle. And those accessories, etc. are all speculation. In none of the books or interviews was it ever confirmed the gun that took the shot was a 416 and no specs of the specific rifle were ever discussed publicly as far as I'm aware.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by david05111 View Post

That picture has been around for years...pretty doubtful that that's the actual rifle. And those accessories, etc. are all speculation. In none of the books or interviews was it ever confirmed the gun that took the shot was a 416 and no specs of the specific rifle were ever discussed publicly as far as I'm aware.
    I agree that's probably not the actual rifle.

Actually there was some pretty detailed discussion of the issue kit of devgru in Matt Bissonette's books. Specifically they each had two Heckler & Koch 416's, which were configured differently. One was a short (10"?) gun. He went into a lot of detail on the other individual kit they had as well.

I'm sure it's the same for the rest of JSOC (or as G3Kurz points out... already written) but at this point NSW does not, and never will again issue a direct impingement AR platform rifle.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"NSW does not, and never will again issue a direct impingement AR platform rifle."

Interesting, at another forum I was told that they're using M4A1 Block II over the 416.

I guess it goes to show the kind of stuffs people are going to make up to defend the DI AR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

LOL - This is only going to get worse as it's replaced more and more with guns the die hard fans of it see as "unnecessary" or "inferior." We can believe what we read on the internet. Because Abraham Lincoln said it was all true.

It's an excellent gun, and just like the HK roller locks, it had it's time, but that time has gone by.

Now to be fair, I mean in a principal combat rifle role. It's true that there are some DI guns in use in other roles like the Mk12, etc. None of those are doing the job a 416 would do.

Check out the book. I tend to believe an identified devgru SEAL. There are even pictures of the HK's in there in the middle and he describes them well.

The USMC IAR is even more writing on the wall.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Anyone else enjoying the irony here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MP5_smg View Post
    "NSW does not, and never will again issue a direct impingement AR platform rifle."

Interesting, at another forum I was told that they're using M4A1 Block II over the 416.

I guess it goes to show the kind of stuffs people are going to make up to defend the DI AR.

Wihte side SEALs use SOPMOD M4,Development Group runs the 416/417.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by david05111 View Post

It is not in "the books" but it is fact that UBL died from lead poisoning from an HK416.
    G3Kurz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMag View Post
    HK didn't offer a .300blk version of HK416 for that competition?Just curious...
    I doubt it. LVAW had a requirement for a folding stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I doubt it. LVAW had a requirement for a folding stock.

IIRC,AAC's entry is basically a traditional DI AR15 with a shortened buffer system/telescope stock,it does not have a folding stock.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMag View Post
    IIRC,AAC's entry is basically a traditional DI AR15 with a shortened buffer system/telescope stock,it does not have a folding stock.
    ...and if that's true, it failed to meet criteria/lost just the same.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links