US SOF HK416 Variants: Photo, Discussion, and Cloning Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: US SOF HK416 Variants: Photo, Discussion, and Cloning Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Augee View Post
    If you feel the Surefire is too expensive for you, the Slash XH Buffer is 8.5 oz and can be purchased for ~$125.

~Augee
    Thats the thing, .5 oz for twice the cost? I'd like to think maybe the body is tungsten and the internal weights are normal

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmig View Post
    Thats the thing, .5 oz for twice the cost? I'd like to think maybe the body is tungsten and the internal weights are normal
    Slash accomplishes the extra weight by making the body out of steel. I couldn’t tell you for sure, as I don’t know the exact composition of the H9. Some of it is, I’m sure, the natural “Surefire” brand markup, but some is likely the material costs as well, Surefire does mention the use of “heavy metal” (I assume they would simply say it was tungsten if it was, as tungsten is fairly common in heavy buffer) and tungsten is not cheap to begin with, at least relative to steel and aluminum, I wouldn’t be surprised if Surefire was using a more... exotic solution, as $250 for a buffer seems extreme, even for Surefire, but I couldn’t say for sure.

~Augee

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The H9 is probably a tungsten alloy body with tungsten powder inside. Or tungsten sliding weights.

Heavy metal (in the manufacturing sense) almost always refers to tungsten alloys. If it was tungsten carbide it would just be called carbide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How’s your surefire scout light mounted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloneDiseased View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Om3ga9000 View Post
    Hoping to bring this thread back since it seemed to have a lot of knowledge from end users of the HK416. NSW HK416s with EXPS and dbals(?) and the late Ryan Owens from NSW. Note the 14.5in. HK.

Attachment 152210

Attachment 152202

I'd love to bring it back. Let's try it. Here's my contribution- a tan HK416D clone.

Attachment 152297
    Attachment 152305
    How’s your surefire scout light mounted? Any pics of it would be helpful

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I thought I would post this here. I think it is appropriate. Garand Thumb is an active duty USAF spec ops guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbImvaiXGFU
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    --Samuel Adams

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kong View Post
    I thought I would post this here. I think it is appropriate. Garand Thumb is an active duty USAF spec ops guy.

I am rather puzzled that he speaks about 416 as if he has no access to current spec rifles, which he should have as active duty SF.
    Namely the fact that HK lowers are fully compatible to any pmag etc, while he suggests that HK lowers require emags etc.

A bit puzzling to me, because of course he may have a civilian gun in the video, but he should have the firsthand knowledge of 2012 and later spec guns.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I am rather puzzled that he speaks about 416 as if he has no access to current spec rifles, which he should have as active duty SF.
    Namely the fact that HK lowers are fully compatible to any pmag etc, while he suggests that HK lowers require emags etc.

A bit puzzling to me, because of course he may have a civilian gun in the video, but he should have the firsthand knowledge of 2012 and later spec guns.

The newer A5 and newer aren't that prolific in the states. And any that might be in use in the US aren't going to be showing up as YouTube fodder.

We all aren't on the Euro-cutting edge as you make it appear to be.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kong View Post

Please tell me that’s not that little Jack of A$$ TRex shooting with him (son of crazy cult leader)?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    The newer A5 and newer aren't that prolific in the states. And any that might be in use in the US aren't going to be showing up as YouTube fodder.
    I am well aware they are not (possible) to be in legal civ possession as any former mil/le 416 that were moved to the civilian market are pre2012. But for Mil/LE users, said weapons are of course available since ~mid2013 in the US, so about 5 years. Thats not cutting edge and thats something one would expect an SF solider to have had time to play with. Of course he is not going to have that in his YT vid where he would use a civilian gun, but hence my question, it should be available in his line of work.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links