Will the US ever get a MR556 in RAL8000? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Will the US ever get a MR556 in RAL8000?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot_7 View Post
    I had my LMT MWS Cerekoted in RAL-8000. Love the color tone and contrast. The intent was to get it as close a match as possible to an S&B I'm considering for the rifle.

Very nice rifle and setup!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J.hung View Post
    I think it is HK's belief that varying shades of brown help the rifle blend into the environment better.
    If H&K has said that, I would say they're retroactively coming up with a reason to placate the myriad of whiners about their tanodized parts not matching.

To be clear, I *like* the fact that the shades don't match, but I also like the look of mismatched guns aesthetically, but that's just personal cosmetic preference.

Realistically, however, while distinctly different in high-resolution, direct light photographs, the contrast between different gradients of tanodize is simply not sufficient to provide any kind of camouflaging/outline breaking properties, at a distance in the field, the anodized components would all more or less blend into a solid mass of a single color. This is a common mistake with many people who try to camouflage their rifles, but use a pattern that is too tight, or without enough contrast.

The simple fact is that tanodizing is a difficult process to maintain a consistent hue, and it's simply not worth the time and the effort to do so, and you would probably increase the cost simply due to the labor required, when the majority of users (military) who want a "non-black" finish are more concerned with the "non-black" specification, and not the "looks nice and uniform" department. Whether talking about Europe or the U.S., I would suspect that the tanodized/RAL8000 portion of the HK long gun market is almost insignificantly small relative to the number of military organizations simply interested in having something that's not black.

Bottom line is, as Geissele's DDC Disclaimer warns, if you're really interested in matching colors, you're far better off going with a coated finish of some sort, rather than trying to match tanodized parts.

~Augee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok lets see if I can post a picWill the US ever get a MR556 in RAL8000?-20160725_232428.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amazing! Its working. Handguard rail, upper and lower receiver are three different shades. But not much difference.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm getting closer to full RAL8000, need to find a good coater to do the stock, any suggestions?

"Look sharp, keep fit and make good decisions" B.P.Fife

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostmode View Post
    Ok lets see if I can post a picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160725_232428.jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	49617
    You did--- very nice rifle!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiger888 View Post
    I'm getting closer to full RAL8000, need to find a good coater to do the stock, any suggestions?

Nice--- a RAL barrel and trigger guard would be primo!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiger888 View Post

If you're willing to send it to Colorado the guy who did my ACS stock did an outstanding job. Turned out flawless.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Couldn't you just get an HK stock in RAL8000, I haven't looked for one personally but I recall seeing some around here and at sites like German gun works and Augustine in Germany.

Heckler & Koch Schulterstütze Slime Line für commercial Pufferrohr German GunWorks

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's mine;

Certified Glock, SIG, S&W Armourer
    Colt, REM Armourer
    Hidden Content
    Jack Reacher "I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot!"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links