MR223 A3 11" first impressions (mini-review) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MR223 A3 11" first impressions (mini-review)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    There are plenty of genuine 416 parts around in Germany - if anything, now it's the time to go for the unicorn build.

I am curious about the lead time for HK spare assemblies such as the barrel.. keep us posted about the project!
    I decided to hold on until there is an actual understanding of whats in the EU proposals. Who knows maybe they mandate 42cm barrels because 41cm is alot more deadly. WHO KNOWS. Not an urgency project.
    @Montrala was it an A3 ? The guy, who is a real expert on AR15 including what HK does, said that it would ruin the muzzle end chrome lining and would develop cracks that would propagate and ruin accuracy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Andy,

Can you post a photo of the device which puts tension on the take down pin?

Thanks!

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I decided to hold on until there is an actual understanding of whats in the EU proposals. Who knows maybe they mandate 42cm barrels because 41cm is alot more deadly. WHO KNOWS. Not an urgency project.
    hmh do you think they will make sbr's illegal and confiscate? but what do you think about what the EU will do? criminalize them (like they did in the UK with most guns) and tell the people to hand them out to the police in a special time-frame to escape persecution?

freaking gun-scare -.- heck i live in switzerland but i'm concerned with the new gun laws the eu is planning -.- adios muchachos for 10rd+ magazins for rifles and maybe sbr's - all 5 years a psychological check (saying if you are not politically correct)is needed and if you do not pass it they will confiscate your guns - if they catch you with a 10rd+ magazin you have to give up all your guns to -.- they have all of that planned i think but we have to see how far they get with that

From an EU intern white-paper:
    The European Commission lists nine points − each one more asinine than the previous and less than the latter − in the white paper that should point out the guidelines to face this so-called "emergency":

A ban on private ownership of all semi-automatic firearms, even when not military-style: all of them, pistols, rifles and shotguns,
    centerfire or rimfire.

Declare magazines and other components as "fundamental parts", making them available only to licensed gun owners, contradicting
    the 2008/51/CE directive.

Capacity limitation for all magazines (without further specifications).
    Limitation, by type and quantity, of ammunition that can be purchased and detained by private citizens.

A ban on Internet sales of firearms and ammunition.

A ban on the sale of decorative, parade, or ceremonial guns and reproductions.

Restrictions to Airsoft trade and ownership, if not an outright ban.

Imposing mandatory biometric protections on privately-owned firearms

Imposing centralized storage for firearms, forbidding citizens to keep them at home.

-.- from https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shoo...d-gun-ban/?p=1 i guess it's an old article - i did not find a publishing date on the site
    Last edited by Dima; 11-03-2016 at 06:11 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

was it an A3 ?
    Yes it was. Gunsmith here said that cutting chrome lined barrel requires lit of skill and needs to be done very carefully and there is a risk of problems your gunsmith described. We decided to take this risk and it seems that it worked out.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK23E View Post
    Andy,

Can you post a photo of the device which puts tension on the take down pin?

Thanks!

James
    I think I know what you mean, I'll try to take a snapshot tonight
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

@Montrala was it an A3 ? The guy, who is a real expert on AR15 including what HK does, said that it would ruin the muzzle end chrome lining and would develop cracks that would propagate and ruin accuracy.
    People were pretty angry over here when news came in that some unknown retards in BXL, who lack any relationship to the real world, wanted to take away Swiss Stgw FOR THE SAKE OF MORE SECURITY. I would not exclude a special regulation for Switzerland, as if enough people get pissed off the whole Schengen package could get into a broader and lengthy political discussion.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

MR223 A3 11" first impressions (mini-review)-img_8847.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8847.JPG 
Views:	1539 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	74658 here you go

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	74658Click image for larger version. 

ID:	74658 here you go
    So does the A3 not have the hellish retaining pins that the A1 has? I've have an A1 on which I have to beat the things out with a rubber mallet.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    So does the A3 not have the hellish retaining pins that the A1 has? I've have an A1 on which I have to beat the things out with a rubber mallet.
    I may be thinking of something else, but are you talking in the lower receiver? The pins should come out just fine if the detent is pushed in first.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

What detent? The A3 has normal push pins that can be pushed out with a finger or bullet. They do not get pushed out fully but can remain in the lower. There is no detent to push in whatsoever.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links