Lube for MR223 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lube for MR223

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm..seems like everyone got their own lube thing going on and not a definite brand/type.

Maybe I should just stick to my 300V lube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it's clean and lubed... it's good! no matter what the brand. ... Most are money making schemes. Ever see what a small bottle of BreakFree CLP goes for? Like 2 Oz? We used to get it by the 55 gal drum! and literally submerge the weapons...
    I do think there are at least 2 camps here that should not be mixed..ever!... petroleum based, and non petroleum based. If you clean and lube your new gun (coming from the factory with petroleum based... cosmoline or such) without degreasing and use non-petroleum based CLP (Frog lube being one).... there will be trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the european HK factory lube for mr223 non petro or petro based?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it's that little tube of sample lube in an HK Pistol box, it's petroleum based. If you plan on moving to a non petroleum based CLI (Like frog lube), I can offer a cheat sheet of how to prep your gun before applying... I wouldn't waste a ton of time researching both, as there really is no wrong.. It's all personal preference... And all works as long as you prep, clean, and lube

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    When I went to HK, President of HK USA Wayne Webber was using Fire Clean on the HK416 sample we were shooting
    According to some sources, he might as well have been using a vegetable oil; would have saved some money.

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    Also unlike the claimed wonder oils, you will know that the oil has to meet the specified quality, unlike random civilian wonder oil that is not tested.
    + 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I mean what kind of lube is one the rifle already put on by HK from the factory? It looks kind of thin to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostmode View Post
    No I mean what kind of lube is one the rifle already put on by HK from the factory? It looks kind of thin to me.
    It does look kinda low viscosity... but I would think it's different and more like cosmoline than what UMP45 was talking about. I'm sure they're going to use something more "time worthy" than an active gun's lube.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostmode View Post
    Look, the NSN and NATO code is up there. Google it, you will find pages of lubrication specifications under those.

But let me google that for you http://www.nyco.fr/site/content/uploads/TNL227-2E4a.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    Look, the NSN and NATO code is up there. Google it, you will find pages of lubrication specifications under those.

But let me google that for you http://www.nyco.fr/site/content/uploads/TNL227-2E4a.pdf
    @baljar obviously Nycolube passes the requirements, and "could" be used... but I think the OP wants to know (so would I, I guess.. use(ful-less) piece of info.. but nice to know) what HK uses.. are they using nycolube?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adlerburg View Post
    @baljar obviously Nycolube passes the requirements, and "could" be used... but I think the OP wants to know (so would I, I guess.. use(ful-less) piece of info.. but nice to know) what HK uses.. are they using nycolube?
    No, they are most likely using whatever S761 Spec, it doesnt matter which manufacturer is used as the requirements to qualify as S761 are listed in the NYCO document as "limit".

When it comes to generic availability, S761 "Addinol W18" is available at about 10 bux per litre on ebay and possibly the best bet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links