You guys should start another website called www.HKegos.com so you can argue there!
Transf HK Sear
CheyTac M200 .408
PWS MK220 6.5cm
HK Mark 23
HK USP SD 9mm
HK USP Match 45
HK USP Combat Tan
HK P7 PSP
FNX Tactical FDE
S&W M&P VTAC
Seekins Billet SPR
SBR 556 10.3
SBR 556 7.5
SBR 300blk 7.5
Beretta Silver Pigeon
Gold Plated AK47
I'm not usually one to complain about thread bumps, but coming in to say "you guys should stop arguing" to an argument that ended 10 days ago....
I was interested in the discussion of facts, not the argument of legalease. So, for the unwashed, a few questions:
1) What are the differences between the M762A1 and the US Army adopted version (G28, or G28E, etc.);
2) Does anyone have a parts list and source for conversion from the US civilian available model and the US Army or Bundeswehr verson;
3) Do we think that HK will make the German or American Army version available commercially in the US anytime soon?
All because the final configuration of the US Army M110A1 CSASS is still to be determined based on requested changes by the US Army post-contract award to H&K. They have requested design changes to the trigger system, hand guard, barrel twist, scope mount, etc. All of these changes are to improve the weapon to current industry standards (not to address any deficiencies mind you) will be tested in 2017, first with a long twist rifling (1:10 or 1:12 inch) and later in 1:7 or 1:8 inch twist. Only after all this will the design be "frozen" and production guns made and delivered, probably well into CY2018. Only then with the delivery of first production guns would a complete "final" parts list become available for the final CSASS rifle.
And then there may be one in .260 Remington but that is another matter altogether.
1) unclear due to no final specs
2) there is no civiian US model yet, HK has clearance to sell the rifle from the BKA, aka the german "ATF/FBI"
3) HK has made a non steel upper civilian version available in "ROTW" that they can not import to US due to 922r compliance. This rifle is labeled MR308A3-28 and retails for around EUR 3.200 including VAT. Also some dealers have made actual G28 available, for EUR 13.000 including optics -> IEA - HK G28
Had my time shooting the two different G28 that came in.