Scope options for my MR762 for a DMR setup??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Scope options for my MR762 for a DMR setup???

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    Its also a matter of practicality. Proper loads suited for palma/fclass that are "4100j+" from 60cm test barrels get you to 900 to 1000m comfortably. Anything beyond that, 16 or 20in will not make a difference. Fact is the MR308/MR762 is tailored to 600 to 800m, not 1000m+, as the calibre would be utterly useless. If thats your desire, get a .338 LM, because no matter what barrel, .308 is at its performance limit.
    That isn't true at all. I shoot my 20 inch LWRC REPR to 1000 meters regularly at 16x20 inch steel in both windy and calm conditions with no issues. The MR762 at 16 inches will hit the steel if there is zero wind, but any gust and it just peppers around the target since the bullets are sub sonic. My 26 inch AICS rifle before this would comfortably shoot 1200-1300 yards with hotter ammo and again have zero issues as the barrel length and slower burning powder will still achieve higher velocities.
    Can I make a kill shot at that distance? not likely, but I doubt any of us are considering that on this board (well maybe some are!), but for target shooting, it is more than fine, and for those such as myself pushing it to the limits, barrel length DOES matter, as ive proven. My REPR consistently posted 100-120 FPS more than the 16 inch with the same ammo on my chrono, round after round after round.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In reference to Montrala's post, I thought the inner diameter of the barrels were slightly swaged. The barrel length and specs were specifically intent on certain lengths.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
    That isn't true at all. I shoot my 20 inch LWRC REPR to 1000 meters regularly at 16x20 inch steel in both windy and calm conditions with no issues. The MR762 at 16 inches will hit the steel if there is zero wind, but any gust and it just peppers around the target since the bullets are sub sonic. My 26 inch AICS rifle before this would comfortably shoot 1200-1300 yards with hotter ammo and again have zero issues as the barrel length and slower burning powder will still achieve higher velocities.
    Can I make a kill shot at that distance? not likely, but I doubt any of us are considering that on this board (well maybe some are!), but for target shooting, it is more than fine, and for those such as myself pushing it to the limits, barrel length DOES matter, as ive proven. My REPR consistently posted 100-120 FPS more than the 16 inch with the same ammo on my chrono, round after round after round.

Just do the math. Using reference long range ammo, RWS Target Elite 154gr, you have 780m/s from the 16in and 810 m/s from the 20in. The 16in will go subsonic around 860m, the 20in will go subsonic around 900m. You will need a 26in barrel to keep this round supersonic over 1000m.
    Either way, depending on the point being, the difference between the 16 and 20in barrel is absolutely minimal. Maybe your anecdotal differences can be attributed to other factors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    Just do the math. Using reference long range ammo, RWS Target Elite 154gr, you have 780m/s from the 16in and 810 m/s from the 20in. The 16in will go subsonic around 860m, the 20in will go subsonic around 900m. You will need a 26in barrel to keep this round supersonic over 1000m.
    Either way, depending on the point being, the difference between the 16 and 20in barrel is absolutely minimal. Maybe your anecdotal differences can be attributed to other factors.
    Theres your first problem... no one uses 155s for long distance out of a semi auto gun... especially not a 16 inch one. Bolt gun with a long barrel and LOTS of powder, maybe, but not a semi auto. My loads are all done with 178 gr Hornady Amax, and before that, 175 SMKs. Rest assured, not only is it possible, but its done on a weekly basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scope options for my MR762 for a DMR setup???-image1.png  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tmbrwulf View Post
    In reference to Montrala's post, I thought the inner diameter of the barrels were slightly swaged. The barrel length and specs were specifically intent on certain lengths.
    Yes, that is exactly why barrel that was cut down from 16.5" to 14.5" gives lower V0 than barrel that was originally forged as 14.5" barrel.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links