MR556 New batch coming First Part 2017 - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: MR556 New batch coming First Part 2017

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
    "Dem kewl mustard kolorz"
    Don't tell anyone, but I do think your G28 clone is pretty bad-ass. Just that, well... all my guns are black. So, you know...
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Link to order? Did you get it in? Pics? Price?
    I ordered it through the Friends of the Industry program since I work for an H&K Dealer.

Finally got shipping confirmation, it will be here Monday and I will post pics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    I ordered it through the Friends of the Industry program since I work for an H&K Dealer.

Finally got shipping confirmation, it will be here Monday and I will post pics.
    "Standing by intensifies"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdan87 View Post
    "Standing by intensifies"
    Welllll, looks like I will be waiting a bit longer. Tracking number ended up being for the mags I ordered at the same time as the rifle. The rep said the next batch of rifles will be in before the end of the year and I would have the first one out of the batch. Here is to hoping it comes soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    Welllll, looks like I will be waiting a bit longer. Tracking number ended up being for the mags I ordered at the same time as the rifle. The rep said the next batch of rifles will be in before the end of the year and I would have the first one out of the batch. Here is to hoping it comes soon.
    Sounds good. I'll PM you my FFL so I won't feel like a peasant :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I believe the emphasis and expectation for US shooters should be the ability to get their hands on proper current spec HK firearms and not OEM'ed rifles that are of obsolete spec as you now have with MR556+762.
    While HK would not allow military weapons, i.e. full auto weapons, to be sold due to export restrictions, the latest "A5/A3" specs are available to civilians all over the world, except US and your import ban.
    Having that hk416a5 spec'ed mr223a3 with that 11in barrel should be more compelling than the current ugly and functionally questionable "dressed up pigs" you refer to.
    Hey Baljar

Know this is old post, but if I recall the MR barrels are made here in US (some say DD makes them). Why won't HK just specify them to be M4 profile with chrome? Wouldn't that bypass any import laws regarding US/Germany since the bbl would be manufactured here? Am I missing something here? Seems like any easy fix so I must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilkster79 View Post
    Hey Baljar

Know this is old post, but if I recall the MR barrels are made here in US (some say DD makes them). Why won't HK just specify them to be M4 profile with chrome? Wouldn't that bypass any import laws regarding US/Germany since the bbl would be manufactured here? Am I missing something here? Seems like any easy fix so I must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really the only complication is the barrel extension. For a very brief time you could buy OEM barrel extensions from Brownells. If they could sell barrel extensions, I suspect barrels of any configuration could be made domestically by DD or whoever??
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilkster79 View Post
    Know this is old post, but if I recall the MR barrels are made here in US (some say DD makes them).
    They are "formally made in US" to avoid "assault weapon barrel import ban". That means forged barrels (with chambers) come to US unfinished and are finished in US (by DD).
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    They are "formally made in US" to avoid "assault weapon barrel import ban". That means forged barrels (with chambers) come to US unfinished and are finished in US (by DD).
    From what I had been told also is that all the small parts for the lowers and FCG are also US made? Can anyone confirm this?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I believe this whole HK in the US affair will be influenced by "the bigger picture" at HK. I presume that "bigger picture" is current HK owners betting that Rheinmetall or Honosthor, especially considering HK recently restructuring into having a publicly listed and traded "ownership holding".
    To not affect any window dressing on that front, investments into civilian sales are possibly put on hold.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links