New HK 416 Lower and partial Upper - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New HK 416 Lower and partial Upper

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    As Swiss, you should not worry about HK416 before the returded gunban, but get your hands on one of the Niedermeier MG34 before he must cease production -> Büchsenmacherei Niedermeier GmbH
    I too have already looked and drooled over the MG34's, but I could buy a few weapons for the 4200 Euro cost of one MG34. If there was not a possible coming deadline, I would consider it, but for now I have to prioritize purchases.
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So whats up with the hole above the hammer pin hole on the Semi lower? I've never seen anything like that before.
    I have a slight HK problem.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    So whats up with the hole above the hammer pin hole on the Semi lower? I've never seen anything like that before.
    yeah I was going to import that to Canada but then my better sense came to me and realized why bother. The MR lowers are same tolerances same production QC etc etc, plus we have Colt Canada Stripped lowers that do the job here that match really well with HK uppers, minus the color off tone black colors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Being in high School in the 70's and there was such a big push to go completely to the metric system back then it still cracks me up that HK calls MR223 and MR308 in Europe and here where inches and feet rule still there called MR556 and MR762. Thinking out load.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some enterprising person in Europe needs to buy these, serial number them, slap .22LR uppers on them, and ship them to the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Except, for this....????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are left over HK 416c lowers. The extra holes above the hammer pin are to mount the eyelets that mate up with the stock in the closed position.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Those are left over HK 416c lowers. The extra holes above the hammer pin are to mount the eyelets that mate up with the stock in the closed position.
    True true, sir. Well Done!

I just looked at the photo I took of the 416c in the gray room. That is where is the PDW stock arms are held when closed.

But one question comes to mind, the 416c I saw in the gray room looks to have those arm slots as part of the original block of aluminium and not inserts. Not saying they aren't just saying the pic I have is inconclusive. But for production line purposes makes sense to simply bore a hole to add the brackets instead of retooling an existing production line to mil the aluminium blocks for the brackets.

Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 01-06-2017 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added photo
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there looks to be atleast a couple generations of "c" lowers. Here is one that completely different as well:
    New HK 416 Lower and partial Upper-hk416c_02-tfb.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ptoguy View Post
    Some enterprising person in Europe needs to buy these, serial number them, slap .22LR uppers on them, and ship them to the US.
    Not possible, they are parts of a weapon of war and subject to export and end user certificate regulations. They are just not subject to weapons regulation as long as they are individual parts as "collectible items", but not possible to export without trade ministry approval. Also as soon as they are mated with a bolt or barrel, they are an illegal weapon of war due to their heritage.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links