10.4 MR556 BBL + 10.4 Gas Block = Won't Run - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 10.4 MR556 BBL + 10.4 Gas Block = Won't Run

  1. #11
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Tuvia's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 675
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    done by IGF, uses the factory 16 inch gas block
    Just curious. Did this setup have the gas block vent hole welded up?

  2. #12
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Breitling's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2013
    Location : Ohio
    Posts : 1,098
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    Just curious. Did this setup have the gas block vent hole welded up?
    it was tapped, with a vented grub screw. We went back in and "re-did" it.
    MP5
    Audemars
    Willett
    Audi

  3. #13
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Mar 2013
    Posts : 420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    That gas block is US made sold by Adam over at HKParts, its not a real true 416 10" gas block. Also port size on the barrel isn't the most important issue as its the port size on the gas block itself that matters and that varies between 416 gas blocks.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member

    Join Date : May 2013
    Location : TX
    Posts : 58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Are you running the HK buffer and HK spring?

  6. #15
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ic_guerrero View Post
    Are you running the HK buffer and HK spring?
    I was wondering and about to ask the same....I have seen lots of info on here regarding using Wolff spring and a specific buffer which I can't remember exactly.....that might have been strictly for suppressed and unsuppressed perfection though

  7. #16
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 700
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intz2nu View Post
    That gas block is US made sold by Adam over at HKParts, its not a real true 416 10" gas block. Also port size on the barrel isn't the most important issue as its the port size on the gas block itself that matters and that varies between 416 gas blocks.
    So this is a non HK Gas Block, Barrel and Upper. How could anyone know anything about that except the people who build the parts, as it has no relevance with what HK produces or sells?!

  8. #17
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Breitling's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2013
    Location : Ohio
    Posts : 1,098
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I'm realizing that. Too many variables. I'm gonna go back to my old setup.

  9. #18
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TheChunkNorris's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2012
    Location : Miami
    Posts : 2,546
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brobin10 View Post
    I was wondering and about to ask the same....I have seen lots of info on here regarding using Wolff spring and a specific buffer which I can't remember exactly.....that might have been strictly for suppressed and unsuppressed perfection though
    Most went with the following:

    Vltor A5
    Heavy Buffer(10oz in mine)
    Wolff XP Rifle spring

    Works with 55gr/62gr on a 10.4" upper with a factory plugged HK block(came with a real deal 10.4" 416 barrel) both suppressed and unsuppressed.

  10. #19
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Mar 2013
    Posts : 420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    So this is a non HK Gas Block, Barrel and Upper. How could anyone know anything about that except the people who build the parts, as it has no relevance with what HK produces or sells?!
    If you look on HKParts.net pay close attention to the origins of manufacture some say Germany and some say US. They make a 10" barrel and gas block combo and also sell the parts individually as well. The true 416 parts will say Germany if you look at the item description.

  11. #20
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2012
    Posts : 234
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Speaking of HKParts, they are now listing HK416 10.4 vented gas blocks for sale. They list them as HK OEM parts, not as HK "style" parts like the barrel kit they also sell.
    HK416 10 Gas Block
    This may solve the OP's cycling problems.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

adjustable gassblock for mr556
,

haenel mk556

,
hkparts 10.3 barrels mr556 review
,
mr556 to 10.4 conversion
Click on a term to search for related topics.