M27 IAR trial results - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M27 IAR trial results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

9 more days till I have to hear something from MARSCORSYSCOM, however my email and phone have been silent since I put in my request.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears that others within the upper USMC ranks want to favor the M27.

http://tribunist.com/news/marine-com...utm_source=MOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default M27 IAR trial results

Quote Originally Posted by saf3sh00t3r View Post
    It appears that others within the upper USMC ranks want to favor the M27.

http://tribunist.com/news/marine-com...utm_source=MOH

I love the comments by the peanut gallery in the forum part of the article. 3 to 4 times the cost of the M4 is what gets you that accuracy, reliability and durability. You gotta pay to play and with it I believe they get the servicing and parts. And for our service men and women, they deserve the BEST!!!

You can't keep lowering pricing and expect a better result. Look at how disposable everything is now that we are at the lowest pricing possible. Just enough doesn't cut it and it never has. The Brooklyn Bridge is a testament to good engineering, as is the M27. Both will stand the test of time (1 already has).

I work for one of the largest corporations in the world; as we've squeezed our vendor pricing lower and lower we've received an unimaginably inferior product from our equipment and service vendors.

$hit in, $hit out as my granddaddy use to say.

Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-03-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK have always been pole riding letters and people get upset when their special snow flake didn't win. The fact remains that the HK rifles have done very well for the Marine Corps and they have propven very versatile. They have been field in the IAR role and have been better suited to pull double duty as dmr rifles than the standard M4.

The biggest draw to the system for the Marine Corps is that they are the program manager so they call the shots and spec the rifle exactly how they need it instead of buying rifles that are spec'd by the army. This is more than just pride as the derives do organize third fighting force differently and have different needs.

As for the rifle themselves... I would love to see the FMF go HK across the board but I am unconvinced that the current format of the IAR is ideal. It has been a few years since I have carried a rifle for Uncle Sam but I believe that it could be optimized a little better to be issued to everyone by returning to a 14.5in barrel and playing with the barrel profile a bit. Otherwise, I wish the Marines luck in getting their rifles.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post

The biggest draw to the system for the Marine Corps is that they are the program manager so they call the shots and spec the rifle exactly how they need it instead of buying rifles that are spec'd by the army.
    The Marines pretty much spec'd the M16A2, and that got them a rifle that was great a shooting KD ranges at Lejeune, but not so great at doing...you know, Marine stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Marine Corps of uniform inspections and the KD range of the 80's is not the same Marine Corps that spec'd the IAR while simultaneously Fighting two wars early in the millennium. Although I do agree that there is often a disconnect between what the troops want, what they need, what brass thinks they need, and what they get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jogle1119 View Post
    Figured some here might find this interesting.

So far this is all I have. I have an amendment in with MARSCORSYSCOM for the remainder of the results.

However I underestimated just how precise one must be when it comes to a FOIA request as this was my first. So for now this is all I have.

I have a second request in for Accuracy, durability, and sustained rate of fire that I will hopefully get in the next month, as it seems to take around 30 days for these requests to be processed.

For now enjoy, and I hope to get the rest of the results at a later date.

Results are in. Added to OP.

Huge thanks to my FOIA case handler at MARSCORSYSCOM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    ...there is often a disconnect between what the troops want, what they need, what brass thinks they need, and what they get.
    Yes!! And in addition to the Marine warfighters, throw in the civilians in the Pentagon, Congress, and the lobbyists who represent the gun suppliers, and you have controlled chaos called the DoD weapons procurement process.

It took the US Army 10+ years to get the Sig Sauer p320 as their replacement handgun for the Beretta M9. I hope the Marines fare alot better. They deserve it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a fyi.

Colt 09A.
    Colt 09B
    FNH 09C
    H&K 09D

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

<2000 rounds of barrel life on the Colts?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links