HK 416 10.4" Suppressed Question - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK 416 10.4" Suppressed Question

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    Surefire Socom. Their brakes are brutal and despite some people's opinions on pronged flash hiders, I won't use them, although I'm good with closed tine.
    Well once the NT4 gets out of jail, I'll end up with one of these:

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductD...ductID=KM93048

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductD...ductID=KM32316

For now I'll be looking at a ME Myer Saker flash hider. I have the Saker mount that came with my Saker 556 can.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    I just got my MR556 upper from Jayson at IGF, and let me tell, the upper is beautiful. The man does great work, and if you are patient, you won't be sorry! This is what I had done:

(1) barrel cut to 14.5", and barrel re-profiled to SOCOM profile underneath hand guard.
    (2) Nitride barrel and gas block (something HK should have done, but what the hell)
    (3) pin AC 51T flash hider for future AAC M4-2000 suppressor when I take it to the state where my SBR's and suppressors are stored.
    (4) barrel marked by Jayson with the markings as comes with the factory 416's

It was expensive, but damn, it was worth it. The only thing I did not do was convert the BCG to F/A. If you can, I would e-mail Jayson and tell him what you want done. I would go with whatever is recommended plus get the conversion barrel block from him if you Plan to shoot suppressed with a 10.4" barrel. I think it is close to $900 USD with everything that needs done. I will try to take pictures soon.

Here is the link, so good luck

Investment Grade Firearms ? Heckler and Koch Hk MR 556 Modifications and Upgrades
    I had no idea Jayson had option 4 available now. This is great news. I had him do the 14.5" mods to my MR556 barrel. Time to send it back I think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I went with the 10oz and a Wolff XP spring from Heavybuffers.com

Heavy Buffers | Products | VLTOR A5

I might swap out the gas block for a vented 10.4" block in the future or just invest in a HKparts kit when they're available. I haven't had many issues with my set up now.
    Do you also use the Vltor A5 buffer tube or do you use the stock HK buffer tube? Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brobin10 View Post
    Do you also use the Vltor A5 buffer tube or do you use the stock HK buffer tube? Thanks
    The Vltor A5 tube. Bad things happen when you put essentially a rifle length spring and buffer in a carbine tube.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    If you use a break it's always going to be loud as F^€k when not suppressed.

I have SureFire WarComp FH's on all my 416/556 guns. But now I'm going to have to go back to the regular HK birdcage FH when the B&T Rotex V is released here in the States. Or maybe go to the Rotex FH for the Rotex II. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

But I'll keep the WarComp on my two 416 10.4" uppers for the SureFire SOCOM SB2 for which I'm impatiently awaiting my Form 4 to clear. Hopefully in June. I'm also going to swap out my gas block with the HK OEM 416 10.4" vented gas block that Parts was able to obtain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are other posts somewhere that discuss the HK 10.4" Factory Uppers with the Factory Vented GB do have a different Diameter Barrel Gas Port .. JUST FYI it is not plug and play, IIRC.

What will exactly happen, I have never tried it, could have some cycling issues??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    There are other posts somewhere that discuss the HK 10.4" Factory Uppers with the Factory Vented GB do have a different Diameter Barrel Gas Port .. JUST FYI it is not plug and play, IIRC.

What will exactly happen, I have never tried it, could have some cycling issues??
    Yeah, been a part of those and corresponded with NZfly about it. I figure it doesn't hurt to try. And I can always go to the VLTOR buffer tube and spring/buffer if need be.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You can always throw one of these on if you're going to be running unsuppressed with the Blackout: BlastOut

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    You can always throw one of these on if you're going to be running unsuppressed with the Blackout: BlastOut
    sureFire has something similar, the Warden. B&T has the Blast Deflector as well but not yet released here in the States.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Any idea if HK will be making the MR556 with the adjustable gas block any time soon? I know Adam said he is unable to get the A5 gas blocks from HK.
    Unless they sell them with complete MR rifles, I wouldn't count on getting an A5 block as a stand alone part. HK permanently heat presses the gas blocks to the A5 barrels before pinning them.

Tspeis

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Well once the NT4 gets out of jail, I'll end up with one of these:

You may want this one. The NT4 blast baffle pics I've seen are rough. Almost looks "smeared". Again, no idea on round count or use, maybe M249, but regardless, you may want to do a search.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links