Army discusses issuing 7.62 CSASS to all BCT members. - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Army discusses issuing 7.62 CSASS to all BCT members.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Hmm. I will quote myself:
    More reading for ya, monty

US Army Officially Cancels Interim Combat Service Rifle Solicitation - Soldier Systems Daily

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank god.

I'd say maybe common sense it returning but more likely "a broken clock is right twice a day" is more accurate.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    More reading for ya, monty
    Apparently still not entirely dead idea.

It is our understanding that any near-term requirement for a 7.62mm capability at the squad level will be fulfilled by the directed requirement for 6069 examples of the H&K G28 rifle, to be employed in the Designated Marksman role. This capability is a derivative of the M110A1 CSASS program.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

For some reason I have this little diddy running around in my head. I think it goes, “another one bites the dust, and another ones gone and another ones gone, another one bites the dust!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

and, here we go again.......
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ship out to BCT in January and I gotta say it would be refreshing to shoot some HK’s there...
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChefOTheRuler View Post
    I ship out to BCT in January and I gotta say it would be refreshing to shoot some HK’s there...
    You will soon find out that the Army does nothing quickly, and even if it had adopt the new rifle you would get to shoot it as **** takes years to adopt

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah my buddy is in the Army and he tells me how bad there Colts M4's jam so much they suck bad so sad they don't give them Hk's to play with.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    Yeah my buddy is in the Army and he tells me how bad there Colts M4's jam so much they suck bad so sad they don't give them Hk's to play with.
    We all know "that guy"...sometimes named "Karl". EVERYTHING he is issued is garbage and ALL of his kit selections are superior. While I will fully acknowledge the use and continued issuance of fully exhausted and/or mistreated (sometimes due to .mil TTP's) M16's, M4's, M9's, 249's, etc. is indeed a real problem. I could see why its hard for the uninitiated to make such distinctions. Mind you, your average soldier, marine, copper, etc. could f*ck up an anvil before your eyes and tell you to your face it's junk. As been said a billion times, carrying a gun/mil/le does not a "gun guy" make...and that applies to the "tip of the spear" guys too.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

@dms16 "We all know "that guy"...sometimes named "Karl". EVERYTHING he is issued is garbage and ALL of his kit selections are superior. While I will fully acknowledge the use and continued issuance of fully exhausted and/or mistreated (sometimes due to .mil TTP's) M16's, M4's, M9's, 249's, etc. is indeed a real problem. I could see why its hard for the uninitiated to make such distinctions. Mind you, your average soldier, marine, copper, etc. could f*ck up an anvil before your eyes and tell you to your face it's junk. As been said a billion times, carrying a gun/mil/le does not a "gun guy" make...and that applies to the "tip of the spear" guys too."

I think this is pretty accurate. I wonder if there's just a lot more "exhausted and/or mistreated" gear these days because of the optempo. I also wonder if the NCO corps - especially at the E5-E7 level is generally younger than it once was (lots of guys getting out due to optempo so need to promote to fill NCO ranks kinda situation) and is that a contributing factor? When I say younger, I really am not commenting on leadership capability, rather on weapons-based expertise that comes from longer years of service. I wonder about the toll of the last 16 years of engagement.

That said, in my experience, for every Joe I had who could ****-up an anvil, I also had 3 who could put it back together with 550 cord and 100MPH tape and at least one Joe who had actually effected those repairs on an anvil.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links