magwell adapter for HK417 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: magwell adapter for HK417

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    From reading the blog on their website, I have a feeling this is being developed for CSASS. It makes it compatable with the SR25 mags already in circulation as the article states for the 417. It seemingly makes sense that CSASS would be the real impetus for this not the 417. It would also explain why they aren't answering inquiries. They have a SOCOM log-in area so I imagine this is also "secret".

Just a hunch, I have no inside scoop.
    I consider that login a marketing plot more than anything else. If you do actual government work you will supply a procurement channel that is not using a login in your consumer shop, but rather something in the deep web that requires a direct link.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdan87 View Post
    Cost savings. It's cheaper to replace 1000 $20 parts than it is to replace 10,000 $70 magazines, when there are plentiful of magazines still serviceable.
    Thats a very consumer logic. You must have never worked with the military. If you offer the military two options: one is to "possibly save a couple of thousand dollars" by recycling parts that the manufacturer of the "new product" will not offer any functional guarantees whatsoever with the second one being spending more money and recieving product and assurance to specification, you will ALWAYS take option two and spend more money. Because if option A is not as stellar as you hope it to be, YOUR career is on the line, with option B the manufacturer is the one to absorb the blame. And you will NOT recieve any bonus for saving a few 100k in the military on arms procurement, because it is chump change.
    Last edited by baljar; 09-11-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Meh, I like the HK mags. They can be found a LOT cheaper than they used to (sub-$50 now) and they work perfectly. In my mind this could only make the system less reliable.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is 168gr Federal ammo. I think I'll stick with the HK factory mags .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just want to adapter to use 50 and 100 round drums.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    This is 168gr Federal ammo. I think I'll stick with the HK factory mags .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    That is a pursuasive picture, thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Default magwell adapter for HK417

@baljar

I'm sure you are correct, I never thought otherwise. I may have fallen off the turnip truck but it wasn't yesterday;-).

I ask myself, why would a US Company that is known for SCAR related products randomly decide to make a mag retrofit kit for a rifle that is for the most part unknown in the US (417). And I know, if it works for the 417 it works for the 762, G28 and CSASS.

They aren't answering any questions regarding it, even HK leaks info on occassion (e.g. SP5k).

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello from Finland!

Just registered here to say this... I recently purchased a MR308 (aka MR762), was interested in these kind of adapters, googled for them and when I read this news, I sent Handl Defense an email and they actually answered (19.7.2017). They said:
    Currently the adapter is available to the military only for now until we can increase production numbers more. Unfortunately I don not have an ETA as to when that might be but please check in with us periodically for updates or follow us on our social media outlets for future updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi again (and sorry for grave digging, but this is the only relevant thread thusfar).

I, being a bit of a propeller head, made an adapter (with a help of a friend that has a 3d printer), not for the magwell, but for the magazines (Magpul 308 PMAGs) themselves.

3D model:
    https://a360.co/2TBr8cH

Pics:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgbRtEja9CPFQD2c6

As seen in the pics, some violence on the mags is required :) .. It is necessary to file off the front part of the feed lips as the mag won't go in properly with them. Also the protrusion on the side of the mag must go so that the adapter can slide on the mag, and it would fill the mag catch hole. Used a cheap Dremel copy for the violence. I used plastic glue to fix the adapter in place, which seems to hold it in place well enough. Ran a full mag (25 rounds) through the gun, no issues and even the bolt catch worked, even though the PMAG follower doesn't have the small extra protrusion on the back as HK mags do.

Now that this test is complete, I put the D-50 on my wish list ;)
    Last edited by Untamo; 03-25-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links