A5 color variances
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A5 color variances

  1. #1
    Very Senior Member
    manik's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Posts : 258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default A5 color variances

    I know the color of the A5 receiver and rails had been discussed and found to be similar to Burnt Bronze Cerakote. I keep running across pics that look like they have a OD Green color. Is this like the RAL8000 plastic parts that have a color variance or a different run of colors? or does the anodizing or other coating really change color that much depending on the lighting? I'm kind of thinking when I cerekote my MR of doing MUGPUL OD green instead of Burnt Bronze because of some of these pics. Seems like every photobucket pic on HKPRO of user's custom work wont show 3rd party from photobucket so that is why I revisited the topic with a new thread and its been a while since I was on, any updated insight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A5 color variances-a5od.jpg   A5 color variances-a5od2.jpg   A5 color variances-a5od3.jpg  

  2. #2
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 700
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    The plastic parts are consistent in color. The other stuff is just series related and not as consistent.

  3. #3
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,495
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

    Default

    I know absolutely nothing about MRs, but I do know that depending on the lighting OD, BB, and 'Patriot Brown' can all be impossible to discern. I've taken photos of a rifle I have in OD cerakote that don't look at all green and you'd swear it was bronze and visa versa. That last pic looks like a rifle I have that was a limited run from a shop in MS called Modern Outfitters in a custom color that I believe they called 'German Field Gray'.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 530
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    The aluminum parts are clear hard anodized. Variations on the anodize thickness and substrate will produce different colors.

    Basically parts made on a Wednesday will look different than a Friday. Also Friday parts will not match parts made on a Monday. Its unclear if Tuesday parts will match Thursdays parts, but its a possibility they will both match Mondays parts.

  6. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manik View Post
    I know the color of the A5 receiver and rails had been discussed and found to be similar to Burnt Bronze Cerakote. I keep running across pics that look like they have a OD Green color. Is this like the RAL8000 plastic parts that have a color variance or a different run of colors? or does the anodizing or other coating really change color that much depending on the lighting? I'm kind of thinking when I cerekote my MR of doing MUGPUL OD green instead of Burnt Bronze because of some of these pics. Seems like every photobucket pic on HKPRO of user's custom work wont show 3rd party from photobucket so that is why I revisited the topic with a new thread and its been a while since I was on, any updated insight?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The right color
    http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...pssd1fb2sy.jpg

  7. #6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 530
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVNI View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The right color
    http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...pssd1fb2sy.jpg
    Thats a picture. Clear hard anodize will look different in different lighting and pictures.

  8. #7
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoScoE30 View Post
    Thats a picture. Clear hard anodize will look different in different lighting and pictures.

    Taken photo has the outside
    It is good the color which I see of my eyes


  9. #8
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 453
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I've seen burnt bronze used several times and the color match is OK to the A5 RAL8000.

    Patriot brown is a new one for me though. Has anyone here actually done an MR in patriot brown? Any feedback on how the color looks compared to clear Anno RAL8000 HK rifles?

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •