New front-adjustable AGR for MR308/762 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New front-adjustable AGR for MR308/762

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Well you can slap on your "franken" label to anyone who puts this non-HK adjustable gas block on their MR308/762 rifle than because it's not a German HK part!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    I think Montrala mentioned that Haenel uses some old HK machinery, so it seems likely that there will be some sort of parts commonality.
    Haenel CR223 gas piston is interchangeable with HK416/MR223 gas piston. Gas block, while a bit different in outside shape is of same design and internal dimensions.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Let's see if I have this right. In Germany, you have someone who is not affiliated nor do they have any contract work with HK and they are producing NON-OEM parts for HK rifles. In the USA, HK has a contract with Daniel Defense to produce from blanks imported from Germany with OEM specs, barrels for the MR556, but these are being called "Frankenrifles" only because of what exactly? You have an after market part maker in German (No offense Waffen-Burk) vs US rifle manufacture under contract with HK, but somehow this is superior to what can be done in the USA. Someone loves to poo-poo on us USA guys an awful lot....

FYI, I have zero interest in turning this into a back and forth quoting dialog, so don't bother, but I'm sure you will. Either way, I appreciate the post. I found it be insight (for the most part).

Because the MR556 and MR762 are not mil spec, therefore are "frankenrifles".

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    HK is a german SALW manufacturer with civilian sales. A HK enthusiast forum should name things as they are from an accuracy point of view, even if SOME people may not like it. HK MR556 and MR762 are absolutely unique rifles in the sense that they are the only HK labeled product not produced directly by HK, and only for the US civilian market for the sake of US civilian assault weapons import laws. Thats pretty "franken" in a company with a decade long history. I would put that down to HK management mistakes of not building up a proper US manufacturing (which they are adjusting as we speak), but it is what it is, a horse is a horse so lets call it a horse. Has nothing to do with a high horse.

Exactly why I have not bought any of the newer HK rifles, since they are "civilian grade". Worse the barrels aren't even chrome lined. Hopefully with the new domestic plant opening- we can get more mil spec rifles for civilian use.

7n6
    Last edited by 7n6; 08-04-2017 at 01:58 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default New front-adjustable AGR for MR308/762

Any firearm built of after market parts. Usually used to refer to AR-15's or 1911's/clones. Common practice for shooters who like to "roll their own" so to speak.

Example:
    a: Dude sweet AR, what kind is it?
    b: Its a Bushmaster lower, Olympic upper and a DPMS barrel.
    a: So its a franken-gun?
    b: Yeah.

Urban Dictionary: franken-gun

Here's another example of frankenrifle consisting of generic AR parts from various online retailers that I built. The definitions some of you are using for a MR556 or MR762 as a frankenrifle are so off base I can't comprehend the thinking behind it.

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    The definitions some of you are using for a MR556 or MR762 as a frankenrifle are so off base I can't comprehend the thinking behind it.

I think he means that the MR556 and MR762 in particular to the HK product line are Frankenguns because they are built with non mil spec parts.

7n6

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I see! Honestly it's all good. Having an adjustable gas block available to the market is a nice add on in any case.

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HK is a german SALW manufacturer with civilian sales. A HK enthusiast forum should name things as they are from an accuracy point of view, even if SOME people may not like it. HK MR556 and MR762 are absolutely unique rifles in the sense that they are the only HK labeled product not produced directly by HK, and only for the US civilian market for the sake of US civilian assault weapons import laws. Thats pretty "franken" in a company with a decade long history. I would put that down to HK management mistakes of not building up a proper US manufacturing (which they are adjusting as we speak), but it is what it is, a horse is a horse so lets call it a horse. Has nothing to do with a high horse.
    I've actually never thought of it in this way before. You're right, as an American, I look at things from a US POV and HK USA POV. From a purist POV, you have a point about the franken gun thing.

I guess you can extend this logic to the HK45 as well with the frame made in NH.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I actually agree 100% and I am not made one bit at you!! Call it what it is, that is BS because of an EO that could easily be overturned and we Need Trump to address the 2A laws while he can!!

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    I've actually never thought of it in this way before. You're right, as an American, I look at things from a US POV and HK USA POV. From a purist POV, you have a point about the franken gun thing.

I guess you can extend this logic to the HK45 as well with the frame made in NH.

Exactly +1 ^^ It’s Sad Bro!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I actually agree 100% and I am not made one bit at you!! Call it what it is, that is BS because of an EO that could easily be overturned and we Need Trump to address the 2A laws while he can!!
    You guys are so lucky to have Trump!
    MR223 A3 11”
    MR223 A3 14.5”
    MR308 A3 16.5 Patrol
    MR308 A3-28 16.5”
    416D 22lr
    USC-UMP
    USP CT LEM
    HK45C LEM
    P30L LEM
    P30
    KAC Ambi lower/Colt Canada Gen3 IUR 10.5”