Is the A3 a 20in barrel only?

Does the MR762 run ok with a can?
    yes - runs with a Can.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucken91 View Post
    Would you speculate that more spare parts/barrels will be available for us folks with legacy (A1 type) rifles?
    I believe that "old inventory" of A1 parts "may" be dumped on the U.S. market to clear out warehouses, but HK GmbH/USA is really tooling up for newer products in the lucrative U.S. (and especially military) markets!!!

Tony

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Guess I will wait a bit and see if A3 materializes over here. Unless I find a smoking deal.
    So many HKs so little time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is the LRP still produced? Seems like their is a version with the Keymod instead of the rails?

Is the base rifle in the LRP still the same just with the stuff thrown on?
    Last edited by Hawk777; 09-02-2017 at 05:56 PM.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
    Is the LRP still produced? Seems like their is a version with the Keymod instead of the rails?

Is the base rifle in the LRP still the same just with the stuff thrown on?
    Don't buy the LRP, it's the exact same rifle with a pelican case and optional crappy scope. All the new mr762 come with the hkey rail. Just buy the base rifle and configure it the way you want. I have three pelican storm cases and the are better.

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have an MR762 and a few of SR25 iterations, 20" LWM with Obermeyer barrel, EMC, and ECC. The SR25's are worth every penny and are reliable and accurate.

The MR762 is the same, worth every penny, reliable, and accurate. I'm not sure what other "top brands" you had, but imo, in the large frame 762 AR's, HK, KAC, LMT are what I'd consider the top makers.

My 762 has been very good with the AAC 762SDN, I'm not all that fond of the brake, but I've only shot it out to about 340 yards and never had a problem with 168's and 175's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is that G28 stock worth it? It seems pretty slick with the adjustable cheek piece?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The mr762 has a few things I don't like about it, one of them is a higher than standard top rail due to the piston system. The two ways around this are a lower scope mount, approximately 1.3" to centerline with a standard height stock or the cheek riser. Either way works. Otherwise you'll have a chin weld instead of a cheek weld. Not the most conducive thing for precision shooting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The HK MR762 is an ideal DMR or precision setup. IT'll run high volumes of paced fire, like you would with a dmr or sniper platform. It's not really suited for mag dump after mag dump. IF you want something in a 16.5" package that will embarrass other longer setups and even keep up with some custom bolt guns the MR762 is your gun. Of the other competitors mentioned, I'm only looking at one from another two letter manufacturer to cover the battle rifle hole in my arsenal. And for me, that's an own both scenario. IT's also important to evaluate what you're actually going to be doing with a 7.62/.308 setup. 90-95% of the applications are DMR or sniper based for what we're reasonably going to do. Both in competition and in theoretical self defense/end of the world situations.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've owned an MR762 for about 3 years. Never had a single failure of any kind. It's one of my most accurate 308 semis. 168 grain SMK tailored loads I get about 0.8 moa similar to the groups I get with my LaRue OBR.
    Last edited by samnev; 09-19-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links