MR 762 Advice? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MR 762 Advice?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    I've owned an MR762 for about 3 years. Never had a single failure of any kind. It's one of my most accurate 308 semis. 168 grain SMK tailored loads fu about 0.8 moa similar to the groups I get with my LaRue OBR.
    And it runs so much cleaner!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm inherently biased but...when you see the HK improved AR pattern rifles taking over from the M27 going service-wide to the CSASS getting adopted by the Army (and soon the Marine Corps) that seems to be a clue. I love KAC but I have a hard time going with them over an HK.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have had my MR308 which is identical to a MR762 for over 5 years. Not one, I say again, not one single malfunction despite many, many rounds fired. This was all cheap ammo. The fact that there are no aftermarket magazines of questionable build quality means only HK magazines are used and this undoubtedly contributes to no malfunctions. I have run it till it is literally smoking hot and it just keeps hitting what I am aiming at. You could wait for a "maybe" US made A3 model, but if given the chance to grab an early model at a good price, I would not pass it up. Load magazine with bullets, insert magazine, pull and release charging handle, aim at what you want to hit with extreme prejudice, place weapon on fire, pull trigger........It will work every time.
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

FS1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
    Is that G28 stock worth it? It seems pretty slick with the adjustable cheek piece?
    I think so. It is very less useful as a DMR type rifle without it
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had my MR762 since January. I've found it to be boringly reliable. I have it setup as a precision rig, and I've taken it out to 1100 yards so far. With FGMM, Black Hills Match, and Australian Outback 168 SMK, it is a .5-.75 MOA gun. The Australian Outback is my choice if I buy it off the shelf, as it shoots great and is about $10 less a box.

I have a handload worked up using a 178 Hornady ELD-X. I have chronographed it at 2493 FPS, and it is a solid .5 MOA load, with some five shot groups in the .4 MOA range.

I have a Vortex Viper HD 2 4.5-27x56 on it, in a Geissele Super Precision 20 MOA mount. I have the standard stock and I still get a good cheekweld and shoot it comfortably. Due to that I cannot really honestly justify the price of the G28 at this time. I have the Geissele Super Charging handle on it and absolutely love it. The only other upgrades I want to do would be to put the Geissele trigger and their CSASS rail on it.

I really love this rifle, only downside is the weight of it. I took my Antelope two weeks ago with it as a matter of fact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MR 762 Advice?-ebe524f0-e936-4bae-819a-775976427bcf_1504973378970.jpg  

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow glad to hear! I might try and hold out for A3 version not sure though.
    So many HKs so little time.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
    Wow glad to hear! I might try and hold out for A3 version not sure though.
    Or you COULD have a BAD A$$ rifle NOW.......
    Get clean shots, watch your background.
    Instagram: Needmore308

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ya I am looking around for one with the rails on it. I am not sold on the newer HKey design.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie808 View Post
    And it runs so much cleaner!
    In addition while the MR762 is no light weight it is compared to my LaRue OBR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have owned my MR762 since early 2016. I have ran only Federal MK through it and as expected, it cycles flawlessly. Not 1 single failure after about 1500 rounds down the pipe. I use it as a long range and hunting rig and have never really opened it up to rapid fire. The gun runs rather clean with its piston system also. The down side to the rifle in my opinion is the price tag and also that many things on the rifle are proprietary and require either HK specific parts or tools ... but I suppose that is HK for you. I have absolutely zero regrets buying this rifle and would recommend it to anyone wanting a 7.62 semi auto platform. The rifle is a beast. If you want it with the quad rail system and not the key design, I believe GunBroker still has a few left. Best of luck!!
    HK MR762A1
    HK VP9SK
    HK45

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links