Hk MR556 to 416 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk MR556 to 416

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Copper View Post
    The ejection pattern is supposed to be between 3 and 4:30. If yours is close to that, it's fine. I would recommend using the heaviest buffer that will still allow reliable function. You could also go to the Vltor A5 system if you're really concerned.
    The A5 would be a step back and not recommended unless a suitably strong aftermarket action spring were added as well.

I've tried several buffer/action spring variants and always return to the stock HK system.

Also, read above about ejection throw applied to the HK system vs. a standard DI.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoScoE30 View Post
    Haul the mail at 500-800SFM with high positive coated carbide and you will get great results.
    If I end up turning another, I'll do exactly that.

For what it's worth, I was using a positive carbide bit, and my serious chatter issues came on the tapers. I was running the machine pretty slow though.
    Last edited by InshallahTech; 09-27-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    The A5 would be a step back and not recommended unless a suitably strong aftermarket action spring were added as well.

I've tried several buffer/action spring variants and always return to the stock HK system.

Also, read above about ejection throw applied to the HK system vs. a standard DI.
    I use a Vltor A5 H2 buffer with a standard rifle buffer spring on my 10.5" cut down MR556 upper (no enlarged gas port and welded gas block). It is absolutely reliable with and without a suppressor and has a near perfect ejection pattern.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I use a Vltor A5 H2 buffer with a standard rifle buffer spring on my 10.5" cut down MR556 upper (no enlarged gas port and welded gas block). It is absolutely reliable with and without a suppressor and has a near perfect ejection pattern.
    Well, there's another one with a short life span.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, there's another one with a short life span.
    I don't recall asking you, but thanks for your expert opinion (not).

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Did you mean No gas port enlargement and No welding of the gas block?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoScoE30 View Post
    Did you mean No gas port enlargement and No welding of the gas block?
    I did not enlarge the gas port, but I did weld the gas block.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I don't recall asking you, but thanks for your expert opinion (not).
    You clearly haven't been paying attention.

If HK had to make a hood to cover the disco due to excessive bolt speed on 10.4" guns with no vent that are running the full power HK spring and 5oz buffer because of the impact damage caused by bolt speed overcoming the hammer spring strength and causing the rear of the hammer to impact and damage/break the disco, this is what we call a clue.

I also ran an A5 system with a sprinco heavy spring for a short time and it still didn't match the performance of the stock HK system. Running an even weaker spring is simply asking for trouble. It also makes it apparent that you don't have enough rounds downrange with the gun to have developed a true understanding of your rifle.

I guarantee you that I've more experience in matters of weapons function then you. It's been my job both CONUS and OCONUS on a wide variety of weapons, ordnance and launch systems since 2004. Personal experience in the AR style platform goes back over 20+ years.

You might want to secure your ego for a bit and actually listen. If you don't fully understand a mechanical system and how the primary and secondary function indicators express or are to be interpreted, you find yourself in the position you are in now. What you are doing is pretty much like trying to diagnose how a car is running by how well the door opens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

If HK had to make a hood to cover the disco due to excessive bolt speed on 10.4" guns with no vent that are running the full power HK spring and 5oz buffer because of the impact damage caused by bolt speed overcoming the hammer spring strength and causing the rear of the hammer to impact and damage/break the disco, this is what we call a clue.

I also ran an A5 system with a sprinco heavy spring for a short time and it still didn't match the performance of the stock HK system. Running an even weaker spring is simply asking for trouble. It also makes it apparent that you don't have enough rounds downrange with the gun to have developed a true understanding of your rifle.

I guarantee you that I've more experience in matters of weapons function then you. It's been my job both CONUS and OCONUS on a wide variety of weapons, ordnance and launch systems since 2004. Personal experience in the AR style platform goes back over 20+ years.

You might want to secure your ego for a bit and actually listen. If you don't fully understand a mechanical system and how the primary and secondary function indicators express or are to be interpreted, you find yourself in the position you are in now. What you are doing is pretty much like trying to diagnose how a car is running by how well the door opens.
    I have news for you sport. I've got thirty years of building, shooting and troubleshooting semi and full auto AR15/M16's. I'm a Colt certified armorer, I've personally owned two full auto registered M16's and a DIAS. I currently own ten AR15's of various calibers and barrel lengths, and I've got an additional 14 complete spare upper receivers. I've troubleshooted LWRC, H&K, POF, and Adams Arms piston guns and just about every brand of DI gun on the market. You don't know everything...and you shouldn't act like you do. If somebody ASKS for your opinion, by all means share your vast experience with them. I didn't ask, and I don't need yours. As far as my ego goes, I'm ok with mine, but as for yours, IT'S SHOWING!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I have news for you sport. I've got thirty years of building, shooting and troubleshooting semi and full auto AR15/M16's. I'm a Colt certified armorer, I've personally owned two full auto registered M16's and a DIAS. I currently own ten AR15's of various calibers and barrel lengths, and I've got an additional 14 complete spare upper receivers. I've troubleshooted LWRC, H&K, POF, and Adams Arms piston guns and just about every brand of DI gun on the market. You don't know everything...and you shouldn't act like you do. If somebody ASKS for your opinion, by all means share your vast experience with them. I didn't ask, and I don't need yours. As far as my ego goes, I'm ok with mine, but as for yours, IT'S SHOWING!

Apparently you look good on paper, but you're clearly lacking in this situation otherwise you'd know better.

My experience has primarily been with ( but not limited to) high round count military weapons in war zones and advanced pre-positioned stock. I've had more full auto guns of all variety go through my hands then you've probably personally laid eyes on much less shot. I've spent quality time with real world end users of the 416 in afghan as well as have owned and currently own 416's and MR556's with multiple barrel lengths. I'm pretty sure that i'm one of maybe two or three people on this form capable of doing a full gauging on the AR platform in its entirety, including depot level QA and inspection.

Your "colt armorers certificate" is meaningless in the greater scheme of this discussion, especially since you don't understand the relative interaction of HK parts vs. standard DI parts in function interpretation. You may be able to apply DI troubleshooting techniques to the majority of aftermarket piston platforms, but that does NOT cross over into the realm of HK guns due to the entire ground up revision of the system.

Like I said, I know I've got a bit of an ego, but I've earned it and while on the outset the things I say may appear grating and rude, but in the end, the point is to help and educate. otherwise I wouldn't post at all and just let people run their guns into the ground.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links