MR762 Overgassed? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MR762 Overgassed?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default MR762 Overgassed?

Quote Originally Posted by Drooler View Post
    Ha. Good catch. I tend to fade a lot these days with work going nuts.

I think the options are:
    A. A gas block specifically designed for the 13" HK417
    B. Different buffer and spring set-up

For point B, I assume it will be the opposite solution of the older HK416 10.4" with NON-vented gas blocks (and higher cyclic rate and a heaver buffer is advised).

I dunno... Get a lighter buffer????
    Would it makes sense to have someone install a valve screw in your gas block to open and close it?

There is the risk of it not working but you can pick up a spare from HKParts for $190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 11-24-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Would it makes sense to have someone install a valve screw in your gas block to open and close it?

There is the risk of it not working but you can pick up a spare from HKParts for $190.

Now that you mentioned this, I really should ask around if a HK417 13” vented gas block is for sale.

Versus assume it is not for sale.

And then go down the next set of options once I find out.

Re install a valve screw, I get very nervous about mods. I tend to like factory OEM stuff but I am anal obsessive compulsive. : )

Looks like I’ll be calling and emailing HK suppliers these next few days!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Jayson @ IGF now makes a titanium gas piston with a double set of piston rings. This allows less blow by and more energy to cycle the action on a cut down MR762 barrel. If that doesn’t solve the issue, he also opens up the gas port on top of the barrel very slightly to allow more gas into the block.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I have spend the entire week shooting MR223A3 and MR308A3 with supression and have not noticed any of the issues suggested here. Maybe the vented self adjusting gas block of the newer gen guns solve these issues?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@Drooler

There is a shorty 417 barrel with AGB on GB for sale by a mutual acquaintance of ours, real cheap. But you’d have to have someone make the valve as its missing. And I haven’t quite figured out how you take these damn AGBs off as they are “riveted” on. If you are interested I’d be willing to send you my valve to have it scanned for CNC’ing.

Auction has 2.5 days left and is @ $205.

Or as baljar states above, I’ll bet the new MR308 13” gas block would fix it all for you.

And one last suggestion, you could have the barrel vent bored open/tuned to the gas block vent.

Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 11-24-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@baljar

I think Drooler’s issue is not when suppressed. With the vented block, made for a 16” barrel, on a chopped to 13” barrel he seems to have the opposite issue, not enough blowback to fully cycle.

But like you said, I bet the new MR308 13” gas block would fix it all for him.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

But like you said, I bet the new MR308 13” gas block would fix it all for him.
    Yuh I forgot, you got the chopping thing going on here (while on this side of the pond, SOME people are fireselling their guns being afraid of a ban, some bloke recently sold an mr308a3 barely used 13in barrel for 2.1k).

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I also have the RC2 SOCOM on my MR762SD (until the OSS gets out of jail in 10 more months...) and have had no issues with it. SureFire makes a HELLUVA can and of all I own, it's my favorite for suppression and durability.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    I also have the RC2 SOCOM on my MR762SD (until the OSS gets out of jail in 10 more months...) and have had no issues with it. SureFire makes a HELLUVA can and of all I own, it's my favorite for suppression and durability.
    I can’t wait until my RC2 clears jail, but it’s going on a trust so anybody’s guess when it will be paroled. It was incarcerated last month and it only took 2 weeks to cash the “bail” check.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Your prose gave me a good laugh! Ironically, I was in the NFA Wait Times post commenting whilst you were here. Here's a supposition for you: What the hell happens to all the "incarcerated" cans if/when HPA is Passed? Do we go COLLECT them from the SOF? Will it be 'whatever is IN PROCESS stays IN PROCESS' until Approval is Completed and then OTC it is like a 4473?

Chew on THAT!!!

I can’t wait until my RC2 clears jail, but it’s going on a trust so anybody’s guess when it will be paroled. It was incarcerated last month and it only took 2 weeks to cash the “bail” check.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links