Looks like they are still making regular old MR556A1s in the new Georgia factory. - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looks like they are still making regular old MR556A1s in the new Georgia factory.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Bye Felecia

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dehavilland View Post
    In an effort to lighten the mood, here are some pix of unfinished 416 castings Zib in Germany is selling. A wide variety of tool marks and manufacturing processes could be expected to be found on end users finished products. European internet self-police, please turn away so as not to be offended. And no, I have absolutely no idea what it would take to bring this to a finished usable product.

HK416 50% Lower, Semi-finished-item,H&K 80% Receiver Heckler Koch

Attachment 162426

Attachment 162434
    These are actually forgings ....... just sayin'

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    ch20brain likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Iíll take one last stab at it because you and your buddy appear to be more interested in being right or at least making me wrong than sorting though reasonable conclusions.
    Ok, now the real reason behind this "discussion" has just become starkly evident. You've taken this personally and think it's about me being "right" and making you "wrong"..... You need to step back for a damn moment and re-think your position here. My input is strictly and only about providing correct information and when I don't know something, I am fully willing to admit it and have. This isn't about you, Marsha, this is about a firearm and the more we all know, the better off we are as an entire forum. Shared knowledge and all that. Remove your ego from the equation.

The question is: were the marks made intentionally or were they made by worn tools but HK said screw it, they are still in spec?
    Yea, that's exactly how it went. They are in spec and the parts were used. There is literally zero benefit or detraction caused by those tool marks so long as they do not fall outside of the tolerances specified in the TDP.

I offered there is a unique identifier for OEM 416 receivers. The tech who doesnít have one, hasnít observed one,
    In the immortal words of the Swedish chef, "Vert dee furk?" You have no idea how many 416's I've laid eyes and hands on. I spend a fair amount of time in Maz-E-sharif BS'ing with all sorts of foreign SF types, many of whom ran 416's and I got to play with a lot of them there, not including the ones I've had my hands on CONUS.

You REALLY need to slow your roll.

knows through his infinite wisdom the marks are made by worn bits pushing material instead of cutting (assuming cause surely he would have told us in his massive diatribes). I said at the outset I didnít know either way, so that should have put some water on those sizzle chests. z
    Then why do you protest my comments so much? You assume that because you don't know that nobody else does either?

I have a very hard time buying that explanation because there are multiple 416 owners (semi and auto) who report these same manufacturing marks. Those marks are not reported by MR556 owners. This strongly suggests two different manufacturing process were used in their creation, albeit for this to be correct we must assume they were not made by worn bits.
    You clearly know nothing of manufacturing processes. It's time for you to go home and re-think your life.

No one thinks their receiver was made of dreams or starlight. You are introducing new nonsense.
    No, i'm introducing experience and knowledge. You're the one babbling nonsense.

You are free to believe whatever you want. If you think they were made with worn out equipment, more power to you. But maybe you should write HK a letter asking them to change their slogan.

HK - We Didnít Compromise They Were Worn Out Bits.
    Seriously guy, you just keep digging. A washboard tooling effect only becomes an issue once it takes the part past the tolerances specified in the drawings/TDP. If the tool marks do not exceed these and it does not effect form, fit, or function, the part is within spec and moves on to the next part of the manufacturing process. HK, like any ordnance manufacturer makes guns that are designed to work, not guns that are designed to sit in your safe and be pretty to look at.

Since these machine tool marks do not make the gun fail at its given task, they get used. Get used to it. Deal with it. Accept it. That's how life works in the manufacturing world.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I feel so much better now that the expert has dumbed it down for the rest of us, that are too incompetent to pull the trigger right . Oh...and BTW, because ^^^says so,............. you can't hit a target at 500 or 850 yds with a MR556 either.

Thanks guy.

Next!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Worn tools canít melt steel beams.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    You do realized that magwells are broached, right?

Thank you for making my point for me.
    Hiiiiii. The magwell that I have seen that is causing this kerfuffle is not fully broached. Sorta looks like just the corners are broached, and I could go into what manufacturing technique I would use to duplicate the marks with a new TOOL. Waste of my finger movements though.

I understand how high speed and low drag of a professional weapons maintenance dude you are, but turn it back a couple clicks. This thread needs some loctite.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoScoE30 View Post
    Hiiiiii. The magwell that I have seen that is causing this kerfuffle is not fully broached. Sorta looks like just the corners are broached, and I could go into what manufacturing technique I would use to duplicate the marks with a new TOOL. Waste of my finger movements though.

I understand how high speed and low drag of a professional weapons maintenance dude you are, but turn it back a couple clicks. This thread needs some loctite.
    And exactly how do you know it's not fully broached?

Here's some learnin' about how magwells are broached....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erO7RMP_GzE

Broached AR-15 Lower Receiver - Willoughby, Ohio

Please notice the different wall thicknesses during different steps.

And sure, it's true that the pattern can be reproduced with a new tool, but once again, it requires excess work, improper machine feed (improper chip load), and accomplishes absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things regarding the supposed reasons ventured forth in this thread. I would really love to hear how the tool pattern in question effects the ability of anodizing to hold lube. But in the end, the magwell wasn't machined and the machine marks don't do diddly squat for lube retention no matter how you cut it.

Lastly, I get it. Some of y'all don't like me. Maybe it's my delivery, maybe it's my attitude, maybe it's because people don't like being shown they're wrong about something. Not exactly sure how many people came to HKpro to make friends compared to how many came to learn something, but rest assured, making friends wasn't my primary motivation. If people choose focus on personal issues rather then the topic at hand, we all lose.
    Last edited by InshallahTech; 12-11-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    I feel so much better now that the expert has dumbed it down for the rest of us, that are too incompetent to pull the trigger right . Oh...and BTW, because ^^^says so,............. you can't hit a target at 500 or 850 yds with a MR556 either.

Thanks guy.

Next!!!!
    I repeat myself,

Vert dee furk?

Methinks you have me confused with someone else.
    Last edited by InshallahTech; 12-11-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not to be offensive..... But every good euro gun maker started making their thing in USA their QC tend to have a lot of problems ....... Look at SIG.............. Same as the MR556 it made by DD so What is the difference? My PSA CHF CL barrel made by FN performed as same if not better than My MR556. And eveyone are play with a3/a5 and we only get a A1 build form a parts kit ??????? Really HK ?
    Last edited by MasonGui; 03-03-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Going on 9 years with the same A1 model. We should boycott the MR556 and force them to make A5.
    Wow, same thing I said, I wonder why certain people didn’t come blast you about it? Thank You for this post!!

I don’t see anything in the laws (German Export/US Import) that prevent HK from bringing the MR556 A3, MR762 A3, HK243, & others here. If it was German Export Laws, they wouldn’t be selling them in Canada and Europe. Would they have to jump through some hoops, such as importing as Pistols with a Mag Block installed like other companies, possibly. I won’t buy until they do, and if they don’t, so be it, there are plenty of just as capable alternatives. I wish HK would though!!
    Last edited by JNAP94; 03-05-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Sponsored Links