Looks like they are still making regular old MR556A1s in the new Georgia factory. - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looks like they are still making regular old MR556A1s in the new Georgia factory.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    I'd like a barrel that's chrome lined and not as thick as a coke can to start. Then an adjustable gas block. The Ambi controls from the A5 would be nice too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Why do you NEED them?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Why do you NEED them?
    Because my disposable income demands it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    They're not nitrided. How does this rumor persist?
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...l-coating.html

Refer to the comments by @Montrala which explained this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTactical View Post

Again, they're NOT nitrided. You should do your part in stopping this rumor based on nothing more than deductive reasoning and/or wishful thinking.

Is it safe to assume you did not read the following from the link you provided?

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    With those mixed info, I'm now not sure anymore if those barrels are nitrided or not.

FS1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What if HK had orders for the existing rifle? Should they throw those orders away or build them first?

No matter what they do some folks will think they should do something else.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTactical View Post

If you read page 3 post #21 he says he's mistaken as mr223 barrels are NOT nitride. He retracts his statement. The barrels aren't nitride coated.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    Again, they're NOT nitrided. You should do your part in stopping this rumor based on nothing more than deductive reasoning and/or wishful thinking.

Is it safe to assume you did not read the following from the link you provided?
    @tlrgsxr what 100% proof do you have directly from HK that permits you to assume it isn't nitrided?

I don't comment by the way of deductive reasoning, I do however understand that HK makes the blanks in Germany from the same ol' steel they make all their barrels from. That said, logic would suggest they would nitride the barrel blanks before shipping. All things considered I haven't seen ANYONE quote an actual HK technician with the yes/no on the nitride question, probably because it's done in Oberndorf and they don't say anything one way or the other. While not a rifle, all current pistol barrels (except the Mark 23) are nitrided without chrome lining.
    @Stevie808 what proof do you have that the barrel is NOT nitrided? Also, nitriding is not a coating, it's a treatment. As for the comments from @Montrala it seems he was unsure, he didn't say the barrels were not nitrided.

Listen gents, if someone from HK can 100% confirm that a nitriding treatment was/wasn't done to the bore I think we can put the topic to rest but there are plenty of folks using logic, suspicion, and lack of details from HK to imply truth one way or the other. IF someone with actual details from HK
    can clarify this, that will be best for this debate. Again, what matters is the question of nitride treatment to the bore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think people who constantly wish for additional features, because another manufacturer provides it, should go with the other manufacturer's products and be done with it. In the meantime, my "regular, old" MR556A1 leaves nothing to be desired for me. Other than providing an Trijicon TA31 BAC ACOG, and OEM HK flip-up metal sights, I worry not about a lack of chrome lining or having an adjustable gas block, just because they can be had. I can clean and lube my rifle just fine, my piston works flawlessly, and I don't bury it in wet mud for the sake of youtube. These are years old discussions, meanwhile I can take out a gnat's eye at 100 yards- to the point that it gets boring. On NRA 100 yard targets, I don't shoot the target, I shoot the SKU at the bottom right of the paper, which at that point the ammunition becomes a variable in consistency more so than the rifle. If you want a perfectly dressed rifle for pinpoint accuracy, and demand every possible trinket for that purpose, get an Anschutz- you can buy stuff for it and the strange clothing and shoes that go with it all day long. If you really want a 416, earn it by joining the military.
    Last edited by Brahma; 11-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    I think people who constantly wish for additional features, because another manufacturer provides it, should go with the other manufacturer's products and be done with it. In the meantime, my "regular, old" MR556A1 leaves nothing to be desired for me. Other than providing an Trijicon TA31 BAC ACOG, and OEM HK flip-up metal sights, I worry not about a lack of chrome lining or having an adjustable gas block, just because they can be had. I can clean and lube my rifle just fine, and my piston works flawlessly. These are years old discussions, meanwhile I can take out a gnat's eye at 100 yards. If you want a perfectly dressed rifle for pinpoint accuracy, and demand every possible trinket for that purpose, get an Anschutz.
    I agree with you that the MR556 is a great rifle and that's why I have two of them. I have many other ARs from other manufacturers as well, but that doesn't stop me from wanting an updated MR556. HK has given the Europeans most of the updated features so I want them too.

Mine are overgassed when suppressed so an adjustable gas block would be a welcome improvement.

Last edited by MasterBlaster; 11-18-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'll never have a fully-updated anything.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links