416c (US) kit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 416c (US) kit

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I wonder if this shortened gas system might be adapted for a 10.4” .300 BLK...

I know conversions are supposedly coming and Jayson can do longer barrels, but I’d love to have a 300 version of my 10” gun, and I’ve got a Surefire 762-MINI in the pipe already...

A little carbine with the same form factor suppressed as my 10” gun but shooting 300 subs could be fun...

~Augee
    Last edited by Augee; 12-07-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Need to get @tbostic to modify his G36 300blk to work on a 416/mr556 platform.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I second that! I pretty much decide a few months ago to move away from the G36 platform and focus on the 416 instead.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

^^^^^Smart man
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well, I took the plunge since I missed out on the prior wave of 416C goodies getting imported. Even if I had been able eventually to build a legit 416C, it would have suffered from whatever reliability issues caused it to get shelved by HK anyway, to say nothing of the inferior ballistics simply based on such a short barrel length. Nevertheless, the HKParts kit does at least look nice. I was also surprised by how much of a difference 2 or so inches made in terms of mobility for a PDW. It handles much like a pistol, albeit a very large one, much more so than the same set up with a 10.4 inch barrel.

I went with a Maxim PDW stock. I have an HKParts one, and while it functions just fine as a stock, it does not have the same functionality as the original HK stock it terms of deployment, and it is a bit cumbersome to extract and retract. The Maxim is more solid and also deploys much more easily. I might put the HKParts stock on just for the kick of it at some point, but for now here is what the upper kit looks like installed.
    Last edited by nsheers; 12-07-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nsheers View Post
    Well, I took the plunge since I missed out on the prior wave of 416C goodies getting imported. Even if I had been able eventually to build a legit 416C, it would have suffered from whatever reliability issues caused it to get shelved by HK anyway, to say nothing of the inferior ballistics simply based on such a short barrel length. Nevertheless, the HKParts kit does at least look nice. I was also surprised by how much of a difference 2 or so inches made in terms of mobility for a PDW. It handles much like a pistol, albeit a very large one, much more so than the same set up with a 10.4 inch barrel.

I went with a Maxim PDW stock. I have an HKParts one, and while it functions just fine as a stock, it does not have the same functionality as the original HK stock it terms of deployment, and it is a bit cumbersome to extract and retract. The Maxim is more solid and also deploys much more easily. I might put the HKParts stock on just for the kick of it at some point, but for now here is what the upper kit looks like installed.
    Show off:-) I wondered if you would ever post a picture. That looks amazing man!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nsheers View Post

Nathan

You sexy show off b#tch!!!!! You beat me{and Rainman too} to the punch line, and now I'm just jealous.

Congrats....nice set up....and thanks for posting. Oh well....guess I'll just have to start working on the HK417 PDW

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

@nsheers

That looks awesome! Congrats and thanks for posting the pics and info. Let us now how shooting goes as I hope it’s not a safe queen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@nsheers any performance related updates on this. I noticed HKParts has the barreled upper kits back in stock. For whatever reason, I am still enamored by the 416C concept.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper