MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    I can't help it scratch my head when I hear people complain about weight in a rifle they bought or are thinking of buying. Should you want something lighter, you should buy something that is lighter. In the meanwhile I will I don't mind carrying my MR762 to and from the car.
    I'm with you on this . I've got 2 " other " .308/762 Piston rifles. I'm not humping this thing through hedge rows . I'd much rather have my 10,000# Grady White as opposed to some 4,000# Bayliner. These HK MR's are right in line weight wise with any other AR pattern rifle that is worth a damn . These things flat shoot right out of the box .
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I love mine and agree with all who say they are a tack driver. but a bit heavy for a battle rifle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment

I purchased my MR762LRP as a birthday present to myself . Was it expensive ? Yes. Was it overpriced? Some would say yes. I love it though . It has much greater accuracy potential then I am capable of. It is heavy especially in this configuration and I doubt I would ever run it with 20 round mags . It puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it . To me it is a very soft shooting .308 .

This is the rifle that made me catch the long distance shooting bug. This rifle is happiest at distances over 200 yards. The only thing on my wish list for it would be a Geissele hand guard to match the one one my MR556. I am not one to hang a bunch of tacticool stuff on my rifle so picatinny rails just add unneeded weight and bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ltcal94; 01-03-2018 at 02:27 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ltcal94 Sweet write up and picture..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ltcal94 View Post
    The only thing on my wish list for it would be a Geissele hand guard to match the one one my MR556. I am not one to hang a bunch of tacticool stuff on my rifle so picatinny rails just add unneeded weight and bulk.
    If weight is a concern, then the 416 Geiselle rail weighs as much as the factory quad rail and the CSASS handguard is no different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog734 View Post
    If weight is a concern, then the 416 Geiselle rail weighs as much as the factory quad rail and the CSASS handguard is no different.
    To be honest I never weighed the OEM handguard on my MR556 to compare it to the Geissele. I really love the slimmer profile which makes it fit my hand better which it turns make it feel better balanced . I guess it’s just perception,but I would still swap out the hand guard immediately if they were ever available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ltcal94 View Post
    To be honest I never weighed the OEM handguard on my MR556 to compare it to the Geissele. I really love the slimmer profile which makes it fit my hand better which it turns make it feel better balanced . I guess it’s just perception,but I would still swap out the hand guard immediately if they were ever available.

Makes sense, just thought I should point it out. A lot of guys see no rails and thing "lighter" but that's not the case at all with the Geiselle and Rem handguards.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog734 View Post
    Makes sense, just thought I should point it out. A lot of guys see no rails and thing "lighter" but that's not the case at all with the Geiselle and Rem handguards.
    Interesting, but good to know.

I guess perceptions matter.
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the euro variety, a 20" MR308A3, and I love it.
    But god it's heavy. Loaded and with iron sights it's noticeably heavier than my dad's AG3 service rifle (Norwegian version of the G3). Add a scope and a bipod, you'd best start thinking about working out too.

It's definitely not made for running around with, but it's smooth, reliable, shoots like a laser beam, really easy to maintain and it gives me a silly grin every time I fire it.

Mission accomplished.

Do wish HK would get their delivery situation sorted though, so I'd get my slim rail soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links