MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default MR762A1 Buyer's Remorse, Regret, Disappointment

I am researching the MR762A1 for purchase. With all the combined ownership and wisdom on this site that has hands on experience with this platform, are there any thoughts in which you would be willing to share in regard to buyers remorse, regret, and or disappointment with your purchase of the H&K MR762A1 and why? Thank you ahead of time for all of your comments.
    Blessings

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

There is plenty of information out there on the pros and cons of the MR762, so any informed buyer shouldn’t have any buyers remorse or regrets. If you’ve bought one, you should know exactly what you are getting beforehand. If someone says they regret buying one, that’s the fault for the buyer for not doing their research, not a fault of the platform.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I had the EU equivalent and sold it. Its a heavy unwiedly pig of a gun. If HK could would trim the fat like the US Army mandated on the M110A1 it would be alot better.

If you are looking for a range gun, thats not going to be an issue though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default MR 762A1 Buyers Remorse, Regret, Or Disapointment

I love mine. But it depends on why your buying it. I made mine into a 12” assaulter that shoots 1/2-3/4” groups at 100yrds with RUAG Swiss P Target Ammo.

I really wish we would get the 762 in the same configuration as the MR308. I’m not trying to start a b1t€h session, just stating that if I was just getting into the rifle now, I’d be torn between buying one or holding off until they offer the US what they offer in EU. But that could be a loooooooong wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 12-25-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really love my MR762. I treat it as a very accurate "battle" rifle that I push into a precision role, and she does just fine with proper ammo. Do I wish they offered a 20" barrel? YES I do, but I can't do much about that right now. Any remorse over it? NO. Not at all. I love that rifle
    Get clean shots, watch your background.
    Instagram: Needmore308

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    I really love my MR762. I treat it as a very accurate "battle" rifle that I push into a precision role, and she does just fine with proper ammo. Do I wish they offered a 20" barrel? YES I do, but I can't do much about that right now. Any remorse over it? NO. Not at all. I love that rifle
    Where were you last year? I sold a 20” 417 barrel on a 762 upper. It had an AGB and the correct hand guard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Love mine. Wish I could use drums with it though.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Where were you last year? I sold a 20” 417 barrel on a 762 upper. It had an AGB and the correct hand guard.

Well Merry x-mass to me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

First I merged your threads. Keeping an identical topic in both spots will serve only to annoy everyone. Plus the benefit is all of your responses will be centralized. Merica.

Secondly. Though I've only had mine as long as President Trump has been in office, it has proven to be an excellent rifle. It much prefers the rounds I have stocked up already which is great. (168gr FGMM) And it will do an excellent job as the DMR I'm hoping to set up with it. A 3-15 T5Xi will be on it soon to help me start pushing it out to solid ranges to really stretch its legs.

Now I will say this. The MR762 is by no means a battle rifle for a multitude of reasons. But, you could use it that way if you wanted to. I say that because no one is getting into a movie level full auto gun fight with a battle rifle. Most of them will only see a few shots back to back. Even in conflicts. So if you're comfortable heating up your MR762, you can run it that way. I think the better option for a battle rifle has been stated above. As for the precision semi-auto role, or competition, or I want something semi auto/magazine fed to burn money into targets/berms with, look no further than the MR762. There was a guy on here running hand loads in a sniper course out to 1275m with his. Now I can't f*cking do that. But I would love my rifle to be able to so I can hopefully grow into being able to push it to its limits. Which is what I'm planning to do now. It is an excellent option for that. You'll see an internet personality who I seldom agree with now a days enjoy it over the other piston driven semi auto with a four letter name. It's a remarkably accurate rifle out of the box, needing only a clear quality scope, bi-pod, great ammo, and a knowledgeable shooter to push it out to range.

In summary:

Battle rifle: Nah, there's better options out there.
    DMR/Precision rifle setup: Yup all day, can't beat it. The thing is a laser beam.
    Fun gun: Depends on your budget, but it's a show stopper, and it runs great.
    Plinker: If you're plinking with .308, then you might as well buy one. You've got money.

Do I regret buying one? Hell no. It's a great shooting rifle, and I've got no complaints at the end of the day. The barrel twist could be 1:10 and not 1:11 like it is, but my favorite rounds for .308 are what it likes anyway. Expensive sure, but it is an excellent rifle. It has all of the tools needed to succeed built in, and even nutinfancy the HK hater himself likes it. It's a great rifle.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=navyman8903;3069961] First I merged your threads. Keeping an identical topic in both spots will serve only to annoy everyone. Plus the benefit is all of your responses will be centralized. Merica.

Thank you for constructively educating me on posting same topic on different spots. As you can see from my amount of posts it was an honest "rookie " error (LOL).
    After reading your thread along with several others I need to re think what my intended purpose for the weapon will be. It appears that I am looking more for a "Battle Rifle" that comes with a lot of stopping power. The information that I receive from these sites is in valuable and I want to thank all for your input.
    Blessings...
    Last edited by bodybuilder; 12-26-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Kukworld likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links