M27 IAR to M38 DMR??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: M27 IAR to M38 DMR???

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Regular Guy,

Both of the NF's are fixed at 125. ATACR is said to be 125y, NX8 is 125m (this is what NF website notes on their website).

Now take your/our S&B 1-8x24. They are actually fixed at 100m save for the "CC" setting which adjusts the parallax free under 7y for that setting. Again, they are only truly parallax free at specific distances. However, the the higher you go in magnification, the easier it is to notice at distance.

...or did you mean to ask if it was a "true" 1x bottom end?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    You ain't telling me anything I haven't already said:
    (August 2015) from:

Then again, a lot's happened in the optic market since even then. Will we be seeing your NF's in the mix perhaps?
    There isn't any optic that is a 1-8x that can touch the CQBSS or I would have it! If S&B would get their act together they would make a similar reticle to the H27 and I would own 3 Schmidt's instead of 2!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie808 View Post
    There isn't any optic that is a 1-8x that can touch the CQBSS or I would have it! If S&B would get their act together they would make a similar reticle to the H27 and I would own 3 Schmidt's instead of 2!
    Ha! Definitive statements, especially when based on one's perception usually are worth about as much as it costs to read them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog734 View Post
    Ha! Definitive statements, especially when based on one's perception usually are worth about as much as it costs to read them.
    Truth.

The CQBSS still brings a few things to the table, but I've yet to find the one LPVO that can rule all others in EVERY way. To be honest, I think the NF's will bring some heat but they aren't going to be the final word in the matter either...a notable entry, but not the final word. Be they mechanical, interface issues...size/weight...or actual function it's on the end user to find the best fit and apply it appropriately.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    There's ALWAYS going to be parallax.
    I’m referring to the CCmode on the S&B 1-8 Short Dot and whether or not this was similar.

I realize there will always be parallex at some distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I’m referring to the CCmode on the S&B 1-8 Short Dot and whether or not this was similar.

I realize there will always be parallex at some distance.

See post #11

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default M27 IAR to M38 DMR???

@dms16 , always willing to point me in the right direction, appreciate that!

Happy New Year!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I'm just happy to see something come to fruition that was hinted at when the IAR first hit the Corps and they noticed that the M27 was more then accurate enough to supplant the MK12 in the SPR role as well.

Now if they could just get this M855a1 BS figured out, all will be well, right, and as it should be.

I remain skeptical about the supposed disparity between the M27 and M4A1 in component life with the second version of M855A1. Knowing how the Army has such a hard-on for the M4 and has fought tooth and nail to keep the legacy design, I have no doubt that they supplied the first version of M855A1 to the M27 and ran the new version of M855A1 in the M4A1 during the tests. Do I have proof? Not a bit. The disparity just seems way out of whack and a system that's known for running extraordinary round count life of components all of a sudden can barely keep up with an older legacy design? I call bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    Now if they could just get this M855a1 BS figured out, all will be well, right, and as it should be.
    I think the Marines have it pretty well figured out - they've already announced that they'll be going with Alpha-1 and the move to the M27 for Infantry/Combat Arms is on the path towards reality as well. While not intended to run concurrent, there's a good possibility that the M27 and RCO replacement could be fielded at the same time.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog734 View Post
    No statements based off experience in how many optics I've owned. Sorry, not trying to bash your Vortex or whatever it is.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links