Semi-auto 416 Civilian Ownership FAQ - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Semi-auto 416 Civilian Ownership FAQ

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've got a MR 556 lower mated to a HK 416 upper and a RDIAS. Runs like factory full auto without so much as a hiccup in over 5000 rounds. It's the closest thing (I thought until now) to having a civilian legal HK416 full auto. I'd love to put the RDIAS in a HK 416 DSF, but I fear yet another ATF policy/ruling change rendering the gun illegal once again, in my hands as a civilian.
    Drooler likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    I've got a MR 556 lower mated to a HK 416 upper and a RDIAS. Runs like factory full auto without so much as a hiccup in over 5000 rounds. It's the closest thing (I thought until now) to having a civilian legal HK416 full auto. I'd love to put the RDIAS in a HK 416 DSF, but I fear yet another ATF policy/ruling change rendering the gun illegal once again, in my hands as a civilian.
    If it is of any reassurance, it would be more likely that some sort of a total gun ban would occur before they would attempt to isolate these specific firearms. The HK416 D SF are far from unique, as there are numerous other examples of similarly situated imported NFA/non-sporting arms. The other examples include the Saiga 12c shotguns, Swiss made Sig Sauer 552-2SP semi-automatic SBR, Swiss made Sig Sauer 551 semi-automatic SBR, German made HK PSG-1 semi-automatic rifles, and Canadian made Colt M4 semi-automatic AR15 lower receivers. Someone better than me would need to chime in, but I believe some of the DOJ sold HK 94's were actually imported after then 1989 GHWB Executive Order banning the import of non-sporting arms. Examples of all of these firearms have been imported, officially used by law enforcement agencies, and then later reconfigured and sold to civilians as Title I firearms. There are also many examples of these same weapons returning to the NFRTR as "domestically made" Form 1 applications.

An important note is the ATF Ruling 80-8 isn't new. That ruling has been held and applied for the last 38 years.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Wow that’s a super awesome MG! A dream gun for many.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm simply jealous you have an RDIAS.
    JNAP94 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    If it is of any reassurance, it would be more likely that some sort of a total gun ban would occur before they would attempt to isolate these specific firearms. The HK416 D SF are far from unique, as there are numerous other examples of similarly situated imported NFA/non-sporting arms. The other examples include the Saiga 12c shotguns, Swiss made Sig Sauer 552-2SP semi-automatic SBR, Swiss made Sig Sauer 551 semi-automatic SBR, German made HK PSG-1 semi-automatic rifles, and Canadian made Colt M4 semi-automatic AR15 lower receivers. Someone better than me would need to chime in, but I believe some of the DOJ sold HK 94's were actually imported after then 1989 GHWB Executive Order banning the import of non-sporting arms. Examples of all of these firearms have been imported, officially used by law enforcement agencies, and then later reconfigured and sold to civilians as Title I firearms. There are also many examples of these same weapons returning to the NFRTR as "domestically made" Form 1 applications.

An important note is the ATF Ruling 80-8 isn't new. That ruling has been held and applied for the last 38 years.
    Nzfly...thank you for the info. I knew that there are many other firearms in this category. It just makes me feel uneasy that unelected government bureaucrats in the ATF can dictate policy.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Wow that’s a super awesome MG! A dream gun for many.
    Certainly is a dream gun for me. Took over 2 years to get all of the parts together; but it was so worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is amazing, not many people know about this I feel. Would be an awesome way of obtaining a 416 clone without having to remark an MR lower.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I wouldn't recommend it.

Reason being the MR556 lower and the HK416D lower (or HK416D SF lower) is pretty much the exact same. At least that is my understanding.

Unlike the HK416 upper vs. the MR556 upper whereby the latter I have not been able to shoot in Full Auto and neither have others with RDIAS and M16 lowers.

Plus a NIB HK416D SF lower would immediately lose its value once you shoot it.

But the counter counter (double counter) argument is that this is a free country. And you worked hard for your money so you get to do whatever you want as long as it is legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting read.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

An RDIAS won't fit into one of these true 416 lowers in Civil. hands because these 416 lowers are milled to M4 / M16 specs in which it has a shelf'd style pocket for the G.I. auto sear. Basically in simple words just drill that glory hole and you would have true 416 select fire machine gun. An illegally manufactured one that is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links