My MR556 Build list, what's your setup? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My MR556 Build list, what's your setup?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    My old MR223 that I was forced to sell. I really miss it. Even having shiny, brand new MR223A3-11,5".

Mods:
    Barrel cut down to 14.5", reprofiled to SPR profile (0.830"/0.730")
    Lantac Dargon muzzle brake
    Modified (adjustable) gas block
    Geissele 13.625" rail
    Centurion Arms rail covers
    Vortex Razor HD2 1-6x24 mrad scope
    Spuhr 32mm sight line, extended scope mount
    Vortex Sparc II on DD 1 o-clock picatinny mount
    Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
    Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock with extended buttpad
    Modified (cut down and removed triggerguard) Stark grip with QD socket for 1 point sling.
    Modified (reduced travel, reduced reset, reduced overtravel, extra power hammer spring, reduced power trigger spring) CMMG Gen II 2-stage trigger
    HERA MPSS 45dgr modular safety
    Magpul aluminium triggerguard
    PDQ ambi bolt release
    Tubbs flat rifle/carbine recoil spring
    Lightened HK buffer

All that was left is Spuhr mount that now sits on my new MR223A3, that I got thanks to great guys from HK Gmbh and Cenrex ltd.

BTW @navyman8903 Regarding scopes, having tested both SFP and FFP scopes in LPVO format I prefer SFP scope. Getting FFP reticle to be fast enough at 1x and good enough at max is really a problem. Dual system like in S&B comes for big $$$. Basically with proper zero I do not need to use "ranging" on scope up to 200-250m (depending on barrel lenght and ammo). And past 200m I'm on top magnification (4x, 6x, 8x - whatever it is) anyway, so no need of any complicated math.
    Nice setups for both rifles. I'm jealous of the European rails you guys get over there. I will say anything over 4x I'm going to go with FFP. Maybe a 5x or 6x tops. But I'm happy the Trij is FFP. I get what you're driving at, but if I ever get to reach out past 200 to 300+ then I'll want the FFP. I will push the P4Xi out as far as I can once I get that rifle setup also. But I'm glad the Trij 1-8 is FFP.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I will say anything over 4x I'm going to go with FFP.
    Everyone is free to make his life as hard on him as he wants ;)

If you really want FFP, have a look at March-F 1x-8x24 Shorty with FMC-2 reticle. I recently reviewed this scope for STRZAŁpl magazine. It is smallest and lightest in class. I had only 2 problems with it: I prefer capped turrets on LPVO and illumination could be brighter (but I have this problem with every LPVO except of Razor HD2 and S&B Short Dot Dual CC).
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My MR556 Build list, what's your setup?-25178774.jpg This is my M27 build........
    navyman8903 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

@MasonGui - you need 11" handguard for this build ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Everyone is free to make his life as hard on him as he wants ;)

If you really want FFP, have a look at March-F 1x-8x24 Shorty with FMC-2 reticle. I recently reviewed this scope for STRZAŁpl magazine. It is smallest and lightest in class. I had only 2 problems with it: I prefer capped turrets on LPVO and illumination could be brighter (but I have this problem with every LPVO except of Razor HD2 and S&B Short Dot Dual CC).
    Smallest and lightest - you haven't seen the new offerings from Nightforce then? Both are smaller, lighter and puts the illumination in even the Razor to shame......

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog734 View Post
    Smallest and lightest - you haven't seen the new offerings from Nightforce then? Both are smaller, lighter and puts the illumination in even the Razor to shame......
    Let's see:

ATACR 1-8x - 21oz, 10.06"
    NX8 1-8x - 17oz, 8.75"
    March-F 1-8x Shorty - 17.1oz, 8.4"

NX8 is 0.1oz lighter (can be actually rounding, because NF does not show decimals for most of their scopes and I kind like doubt they make them all to full oz. mass), but still longer and has smaller eyebox on 1x (quite important for fast shooting, at least for me). So none is smaller and NX8 is doubtfully lighter. As to glass and illumination I will soon check them out. Local NF distributor already asked me to come around. Still, single ring mounting is something that is just odd for me in March, so actually this bit of lenght on NX8 is not a downside for me.

Anyway, I still believe that March is well worth checking out.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Anyway, I still believe that March is well worth checking out.
    FWIW, we got to piggy-back on another agency's March demo. This other agency thought they were the greatest things since slice bread and that with the March they thought they were finally going to have their cake and eat it too. All those feelings were in the initial research and prior to actual testing. Long story short...they decided to not go with March, and it was a clear cut decision. While I will not go into detail; March may be a damn fine competition/hobby/hunting optic...it was not fit for a duty optic.

Regarding the FFP/SFP assertions I am seeing...

I get tired of typing this over and over again. They both have their place, and there are times and situations where one is superior to the other. To speak in absolutes is pure ignorance.

It's been my observation in personal use of LPVO (low-power variable optics) in over 11+ years of actual field/duty use that the SFP/2nd FP shines in the general purpose category in place of say an Aimpoint/EOSuck and magnifier. Hold's off target are minimal in ranges likely to be used (under 400y) and the optic is useable at all magnifications...which means no disappearing reticles on low power. No disappearing reticle means one is not fully dependent on the measly CR2032 battery and an optic that will suck it dry (These aren't Micro T/H's).

For those with the actual (and be honest with yourself) ability to shoot smaller targets, farther targets, and in high winds...the amount of time the average guy is shooting them in any magnification other than full (8x in this case) is often minimal. For me, this is when I'm shooting beyond 500y in wind from a platform like a tripod or a built-up barricade position. This is where I like having my mils/wind holds to be true on something lower like 6x where I can still use these points consistently. And remember FFP users that have short/flash dot tech in the FFP, that dot gets pretty big on max power. I've shared the story several times where the old 1.1-4x CQB Short Dot and it's beach-ball sized dot was a problem in a low-light situation I had years back...long before LPVO's were cool.

Again, there are no absolutes in optics.
    - Be honest with your needs
    - Be honest with your abilities
    - And if you think a reticle/sight picture looks like s#it, your brain is telling you something...listen to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@MasonGui - you need 11" handguard for this build ;)
    yep I know right now i am saving for RDHG and S&B 1-8. I put this 9 inch HG on my HK 416 upper ar "firearm" build alread My MR556 Build list, what's your setup?-542495611.jpgMy MR556 Build list, what's your setup?-599302293.jpg
    navyman8903 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You can pretty much pick out the build list minus the Geissele trigger. Not yet added is the VLTOR A5 buffer system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links