Hk417 16 barrel - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Hk417 16 barrel

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    Hey Guys what mount would you recommend for a S&B 1-8 or 1-4 short dot optic? I was thinking of Bobro Dual lever Precision Optic Mount 34mm Rings would 0 MOA or 20 MOA.

Thanks

leib
    IIRC You work for a LE Agency in Canada, Correct? How far are you shooting out to? I agree with Steve my favorite 1-8x is the Leupold MK8 CQBSS with H27 Reticle. I don’t shoot any scopes anymore without some form of Horus Reticle (or copy of for those Technical types). Ohh 1.1-8x OPPS Have to be exacting on here.

I am waiting on a MK5 to compare, I don’t care for NF Scopes period. If I am going above Leupold or Vortex I am Spending my money on S&B. As for T&T ZROC I personally don’t see the cost to benefit for me personally. I guess it all depends on what you are using the Scope for, how far you are shooting, etc..

While I am sure anything can fail, I have never heard about ADM failing, but small parts do. Guys are going out betting their lives and our freedoms every day with ARMS, LARUE, & ADM Delta QD mounts who beat the crap out of them way more then we do. I know ADM DELTA is preferred right now & Geissele for non QD for the people I know.

Yus, anything can fail at anytime, so? Would love to know the story behind it failing.
    Last edited by JNAP94; 03-19-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I prefer the Tactical Latches for the ADM mounts, much easier to get a grip on!!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Since there's a lot of mention of reticles, I'll mention a few things...

A bit like I mentioned with the mounts, you have to work backwards...

Most people who shoot a certain style of long range (be it LE, Mil, PRS or whatever) have certain magnification ranges where they spend most of their time. For example, even though I have optics that top out at 20x and 25x, I generally stay below 16x for prone inside 1000y and go down to 8-10x for positional/tripod. If my reticle it too full/busy in that 8-16x window where I live, that's not good.

Well,what's too busy? That really is up to the shooter. Your first instinct/perceptions of how a reticle looks to you are often correct. If you feel a Horus is too "busy", then it may not be for you. If you don't feel the mil markings aren't intuitive, then you should probably consider that a clue. Do you like open center? dot? full crosshair?

If an optic maker doesn't have what you like, I don't think it's worth it to force yourself into something. S&B doesn't make your Horus model?....better get CQBSS. You like MSR?...hopefully Mil-R is close enough or else NF might be out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Since there's a lot of mention of reticles, I'll mention a few things...

A bit like I mentioned with the mounts, you have to work backwards...

Most people who shoot a certain style of long range (be it LE, Mil, PRS or whatever) have certain magnification ranges where they spend most of their time. For example, even though I have optics that top out at 20x and 25x, I generally stay below 16x for prone inside 1000y and go down to 8-10x for positional/tripod. If my reticle it too full/busy in that 8-16x window where I live, that's not good.

Well,what's too busy? That really is up to the shooter. Your first instinct/perceptions of how a reticle looks to you are often correct. If you feel a Horus is too "busy", then it may not be for you. If you don't feel the mil markings aren't intuitive, then you should probably consider that a clue. Do you like open center? dot? full crosshair?

If an optic maker doesn't have what you like, I don't think it's worth it to force yourself into something. S&B doesn't make your Horus model?....better get CQBSS. You like MSR?...hopefully Mil-R is close enough or else NF might be out.
    Well put.....thanks for the guidance.
    JNAP94 likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    IIRC You work for a LE Agency in Canada, Correct? How far are you shooting out to? I agree with Steve my favorite 1-8x is the Leupold MK8 CQBSS with H27 Reticle. I donít shoot any scopes anymore without some form of Horus Reticle (or copy of for those Technical types). Ohh 1.1-8x OPPS Have to be exacting on here.

I am waiting on a MK5 to compare, I donít care for NF Scopes period. If I am going above Leupold or Vortex I am Spending my money on S&B. As for T&T ZROC I personally donít see the cost to benefit for me personally. I guess it all depends on what you are using the Scope for, how far you are shooting, etc..

While I am sure anything can fail, I have never heard about ADM failing, but small parts do. Guys are going out betting their lives and our freedoms every day with ARMS, LARUE, & ADM Delta QD mounts who beat the crap out of them way more then we do. I know ADM DELTA is preferred right now & Geissele for non QD for the people I know.

Yus, anything can fail at anytime, so? Would love to know the story behind it failing.
    No Iím a civilian. Former Infantry Canadian, just a little stint in there. Nothing to write about. Thatís about it. All send some pics of the HK when I get a chance. To get you guys fired up. All end up going 1-8 S&B on this one or that 1.5 -8 most likely.

All do a crappy review side by side comparison of the HK MR308 vs HK417. All add pics too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JNAP94 likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie808 View Post
    I would get a Leupold Mk8 w/H27, it's the best reticle in 1-8x, glass is on par with S&B and it's built like a tank. I've had both the short dot and Leupold and the Leopold is a better scope. If S&B made a Horus I would have it. If I was to buy a S&B I would get the 1.5-8x with CQB reticle 34mm tube in Patone. NF ATACR 1-8x with ED glass looks good too.
    Spuhr QDM (quick throw mount) in 1.35" will give you the best cheek weld and will still line with clip on night vision and thermal. 0 MOA, as the distances you're going to shoot with a 1-8 you should be good with the internal adjustment in the scope. Even my gun with a S&B 3-27x ultrashort I have a 0 MOA and I'm good out to 1K.
    Larue mount, Spuhr or ERA TAC, had them all and they're all great. I don't care for any "soft mount" that rely on a spring tension to keep the optic seated. ADM is a perfect example, there's a cam lever that has a small safety lever that relies on a small spring to keep your thousand dollar optic zeroed or worst falling off your gun. I have an ADM mount on my brass catcher and the safety has failed several times and it's fallen off the gun. DON'T TRUST THEM!
    Yeah you might be right there.

JNAP94 likes this.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    No I’m a civilian. Former Infantry Canadian, just a little stint in there. Nothing to write about. That’s about it. All send some pics of the HK when I get a chance. To get you guys fired up. All end up going 1-8 S&B on this one or that 1.5 -8 most likely.

All do a crappy review side by side comparison of the HK MR308 vs HK417. All add pics too.

Very Nice, definitely send some reviews and what you choose!!
    Leibermuster likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    I have a Geissele Super Precision 20 MOA mount on my MR762A1 and itís a rock solid mount, cannot recommend it enough.

It holds a Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27x56 scope. I regularly shoot it out to 1100 using a 178 ELD-X. The hit consistency definitely drops off between 1000-1100 yards. With that mount I get 71 MOA of elevation adjustment with the scope. A few weeks ago a friend and I were messing around and shot at 1,609 yards. I ended up dialing the full 71 MOA up and holding 20 minutes on top of it. I hit 3 for 12 but that is wayyyy beyond how far I feel comfortable pushing a .308.

1,100 is plenty doable with a 16.5Ē .308 and the right bullet.
    Hi ErickZ,

Thank you for sharing this info. I am going to purchase similar set with Razor 2HD and Spuhr 20MOA too.
    You gave us max range with this setup.
    Would you like to give the estimates about minimum range (20m?), please? What was the distance for zeroing the scope (100m?)?
    Thank you in advance :-)

Cheers
    Witek

Sent from my mobile

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by w173k View Post
    I have a Geissele Super Precision 20 MOA mount on my MR762A1 and it’s a rock solid mount, cannot recommend it enough.

It holds a Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27x56 scope. I regularly shoot it out to 1100 using a 178 ELD-X. The hit consistency definitely drops off between 1000-1100 yards. With that mount I get 71 MOA of elevation adjustment with the scope. A few weeks ago a friend and I were messing around and shot at 1,609 yards. I ended up dialing the full 71 MOA up and holding 20 minutes on top of it. I hit 3 for 12 but that is wayyyy beyond how far I feel comfortable pushing a .308.

1,100 is plenty doable with a 16.5” .308 and the right bullet.
    Hi ErickZ,

Thank you for sharing this info. I am going to purchase similar set with Razor 2HD and Spuhr 20MOA too.
    You gave us max range with this setup.
    Would you like to give the estimates about minimum range (20m?), please? What was the distance for zeroing the scope (100m?)?
    Thank you in advance 🙂

Cheers
    Witek

Sent from my mobile
    I have shot coyotes and rabbits as close as about 25 yards, with quick sight pictures and minimal magnification with this setup.

I zero my rifle at 100 yards. With the Razor HD II once you have the zero stop set it actually allows you to dial 1.25 MOA below zero in case you are going closer than zero. For the animals I took close range I just left it at 0 and held right on. Worked well.

The weather is clearing up so in the next few days I hope to get out and shoot some distance. My friend wants to take his 6.5 CM to a mile. I’ll try it with my MR but any hits will be pretty lucky with a .308 at that distance.

EZ
    w173k likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have shot coyotes and rabbits as close as about 25 yards, with quick sight pictures and minimal magnification with this setup.

I zero my rifle at 100 yards. With the Razor HD II once you have the zero stop set it actually allows you to dial 1.25 MOA below zero in case you are going closer than zero. For the animals I took close range I just left it at 0 and held right on. Worked well.

The weather is clearing up so in the next few days I hope to get out and shoot some distance. My friend wants to take his 6.5 CM to a mile. Iíll try it with my MR but any hits will be pretty lucky with a .308 at that distance.

EZ
    Thanks, man! :-)

Sent from my mobile

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links