Measured Velocities for HK MR762A1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Measured Velocities for HK MR762A1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkuser9817 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    Here are the velocities I recorded when I did a shoot off with my friend and how DD5. All of these were the average of 10 shots through my PACT chronograph.

I use a handload with a 178 Hornady ELD-X through my MR762A1, and I regularly shoot it out to 1,100 yards. The average velocity for it is 2500 FPS. A few weeks ago a friend and I had a wild hair up our behinds and we shot out to 1,609 yards. I hit 3/12 and it took 91 MOA up to get there (dialed 71 held 20). Attachment 187113
    Interesting that I got about 100 fps lower with the Federal GM 175 gr....I am going to have to remeasure that one with a different batch.

What is "AO" not familiar with that brand.

I just put a 20 MOA riser so I can use my current scope....looking at getting a new scope later this year. I am thinking about the Vortex Razor HD Gen II (not sure which of the two higher magnification ones).

I haven't done any reloading yet, but I am planning on taking a class on it in June.....so may get it into that too.
    AO is Australian Outback. It can be found for as low as 80 cents per round online, and if I have to buy factory ammo, it’s my go-to. Extremely consistent and accurate ammo.

I absolutely love my 20 MOA Geissele Super Precision Mount. The thing fits the MR like they were machined together.

I really love my Vortex Razor HD II. My only complaint about it is the weight, it weighing in at 3 pounds. It’s only a couple ounces and a bit more money for the 4.5-27, so that’s what I went with. I absolutely love the EBR-2C reticle in it. I honestly like this scope more than the Nightforce scopes I have owned.

My load for my MR is a 178 Hornady ELD-X on top of 44 grains of Varget seared to 2.825”. Groups like a dream. Use caution as this is a pretty stout load. I’m using Sig brass as I’ve found it to be more consistent, with better flash holes, than Hornady. Being shot in a Semi auto and losing brass, I cannot get myself to buy Lapua brass.

Let me know if you have any questions on this stuff, I love long range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Measured Velocities for HK MR762A1-aba78867-f61a-49b4-a1cb-4155a52e629b_1521428466051.jpeg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here is a picture of the ammo we used so you can see the item numbers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Measured Velocities for HK MR762A1-32787b32-f60d-41ff-8999-a8eb8a9a952f_1521428572565.jpeg  

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Do you have a link for FGGM in 7.62x51? I am only aware of GM308M, GM308M2 and the new GM308BH185.
    I don't. Bought a few thousand rounds of it years ago. I saw it recently tho, maybe at tsusa
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So is there a reason why you're shooting .308 vs 7.62? I've tried researching this but much of what I've found conflicting. I assume both are ok to fire in the MR762 but that the 308 might be a slightly hotter load?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    So is there a reason why you're shooting .308 vs 7.62? I've tried researching this but much of what I've found conflicting. I assume both are ok to fire in the MR762 but that the 308 might be a slightly hotter load?
    Both are safe to fire in it. Not much match ammo easily available in 7.62 on the shelf.

I shoot nothing but reloads through my MR762 unless I’m trying something new. More affordable and I have an awesome handload for mine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've been shooting precision handloads through mine. I get 2500fps with 175gr bullets.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll definitely have to come back to this thread after I've shot mine a few times. Still waiting for it to come in and I'm at week 10 of the "10-12 weeks" I was told. Have all of the furniture for it (3x15 Burris scope, Harris bipod, etc) and 7.62x51mm - 175 Grain HP-BT - Federal Premium Sierra Match King Gold Medal for my first outing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    Here is a picture of the ammo we used so you can see the item numbers

The two Federal Gold Medal are the exact same I am using. I definitely need to recheck the speed on the 175.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I don't. Bought a few thousand rounds of it years ago. I saw it recently tho, maybe at tsusa
    I saw some for sale at Target Sports USA .... It was well priced ~ $20 a box. Same as the .308 in 168 and 175. I looked around and didn't see it anywhere else, so I did NOT get it thinking it may be old stock. If you go look in their website in the comments for it, there was some discussion on what the difference was.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    thx. Looks like it has been discontinued-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links