Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 and Spuhr QDP mount 20MOA/6MIL on MR308/762
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 and Spuhr QDP mount 20MOA/6MIL on MR308/762

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 and Spuhr QDP mount 20MOA/6MIL on MR308/762

Dear All,

I am looking for such set owners. Could you share with us which exactly mount you use, please?
    In fact there are 2 mounts available among of all the 34mms with 6MIL:
    https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/qdp/34/
    QDP-4602 Ř34 H38mm 6MIL QDP and QDP-4616 Ř34 H38mm 6MIL QDP
    I think QDP-4602 should work fine (I am not sure if co-witness with 4616 would work with this scope).
    Is H38mm enough for Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56?

I am wondering if Spuhr keeps zero when one remove then install the set on the rifle. Does it?

If there are other quick detachable solutions tested with Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56, please don't hesitate share your experience here.
    ErickZ already did it on another thread (https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/445841-hk417-16-barrel-post3224745.html#post3224745).

Thank you in advance :)

Cheers

Witek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Take a look at this other thread also with a post from ErikZ's: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...mr762a1-2.html

Based on his suggestion and some of my own research I went with the same mount for my MR762A1 and Vortex Razor HD II HD 4.5-27x56. It is a Geiselle AR15/M4 Mount with 20 MOA. They were on sale this past weekend. It is rock solid, easy to mount the scope on and excellent return to zero. I checked that out this weekend shooting out to 980 yards. Zeroed the scope at 100 yards, removed it and mounted it back on at the range. Plugged in the distance into Ballistic AE and the elevation was spot on. Had to adjust for wind, but was getting hits at that distance.

I have a quick detach Burris on one of my other scopes, and it really doesn't seem to buy you much. It isn't that much quicker. Having tried both types, I wouldn't go with a quick detach. The Burris did have a good return to zero, but I only tried out at 100 yards....so not as sensitive to error.

Here is a picture of my setup...by the way, tech support at Geiselle suggested the same mount vs. the AR-10 one. I think it gives more flexibility with the mounting. I have the scope all the way back on the rings and all the way forward on the upper....that way I can move it back on the upper as I adjust eye relieve w/o having to remount the scope.

Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 and Spuhr QDP mount 20MOA/6MIL on MR308/762-hk-w-vortex-razor.jpg
    douglasjboehme likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

You will require a mount with a forward cantilever arm to correctly mount the scope.
    I do not understand how you introduce co-witness into such a scope, or if you are misusing the term.

Generally, SP-4616 or QDP-4616 are the right choices, depending if you require a QD mounting or not. 4602 will not fit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have the SP-4616 version with my Kahles 6-24X56 Scope. This has been the best scope mount I've used, no question about that. It does command a high price, but well worth it.

I'm confused about your co-witness question. How would that work with a setup like this?

douglasjboehme, Anopstyx and Rhed like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Unrelated - you both have your bipods a bit farther back. I would have assumed all the way forward would be the way to go?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LRM19k View Post
    I have the SP-4616 version with my Kahles 6-24X56 Scope. This has been the best scope mount I've used, no question about that. It does command a high price, but well worth it.

I'm confused about your co-witness question. How would that work with a setup like this?

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Tony
    LRM19k likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    Unrelated - you both have your bipods a bit farther back. I would have assumed all the way forward would be the way to go?
    Like adjusting the bipod along the barrel jacket of a SIG PE57--- rear for single shot accuracy--- forward for multiple-shot accuracy!!!

Tony
    douglasjboehme likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    You will require a mount with a forward cantilever arm to correctly mount the scope.
    I do not understand how you introduce co-witness into such a scope, or if you are misusing the term.
    It's directly from Spuhr website:
    "Article no.: QDP-4616
    Quick detachable cantilever mount featuring side clamp and dual levers on the left side of the mount, with tensioning screws on opposite side of the mount body. Absolute co-witness with back-up iron sights on AR platforms. Allows the scope to be mounted 40 mm/1.57” farther forward than with a non-cantilever mount."
    https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/qdp/34/qdp-4616.html
    I cannot see it working with this scope either...

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    Generally, SP-4616 or QDP-4616 are the right choices, depending if you require a QD mounting or not. 4602 will not fit.
    Thank you for pointing at this. It's really important information giving the right answer for my question :)
    Last edited by w173k; 04-04-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you! It's a beautiful set :)
    LRM19k likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkuser9817 View Post
    Take a look at this other thread also with a post from ErikZ's: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk4...mr762a1-2.html

Based on his suggestion and some of my own research I went with the same mount for my MR762A1 and Vortex Razor HD II HD 4.5-27x56. It is a Geiselle AR15/M4 Mount with 20 MOA. They were on sale this past weekend. It is rock solid, easy to mount the scope on and excellent return to zero. I checked that out this weekend shooting out to 980 yards. Zeroed the scope at 100 yards, removed it and mounted it back on at the range. Plugged in the distance into Ballistic AE and the elevation was spot on. Had to adjust for wind, but was getting hits at that distance.

I have a quick detach Burris on one of my other scopes, and it really doesn't seem to buy you much. It isn't that much quicker. Having tried both types, I wouldn't go with a quick detach. The Burris did have a good return to zero, but I only tried out at 100 yards....so not as sensitive to error.

Here is a picture of my setup...by the way, tech support at Geiselle suggested the same mount vs. the AR-10 one. I think it gives more flexibility with the mounting. I have the scope all the way back on the rings and all the way forward on the upper....that way I can move it back on the upper as I adjust eye relieve w/o having to remount the scope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HK w Vortex Razor.JPG 
Views:	1551 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	190713
    Thank you for your feedback :)
    Could you provide the link to this sale offer, please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links