HK MR762 Chop from IGF to 12” - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HK MR762 Chop from IGF to 12”

  1. #11
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Posts : 544
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drooler View Post
    Nice setup Drooler. Is the sight height matched to partially clear the AN/PEQ-15?
    Aloew1976 likes this.

  2. #12
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,008
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    @Drooler

    Would keep those things in your pants?!

    I feel inferior enough in the locker room;-)
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

  3. #13
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Drooler's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Location : Mid West
    Posts : 1,068
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    @mr223a1 . I didn't any issues at all shooting long distance.

    The sights were great with nothing blocking. And the laser or IR was super bright as you may be able to see in the picture. Just point and shoot...

    On a related note, I tried to sign up for another long distance shooting class with Todd at Accuracy 1st. And they are like booked for the rest of the year except for 1 or 2 slots when I have to travel for work. Crap....

    @RegularGuy461969 .
    Hahaha. If you look at the SBR, it is basically one of the cheaper optics on it. I debated long and hard getting the S&B, but realized the savings from the Bushnell ERS was roughly $3K per scope if I recall correctly. Please don't quote me on this because my brain is exhausted from hellacious work in 2017 and 2016.

    For me, it was pretty much a done deal when I was advised that the Nightforce was beyond the skill of most shooters let alone a newbie long distance shooter like me who probably didn't/don't have the right shooting fundamentals.

    I think what is sexy about this particular MR762 (I will admit I am biased) is the fact that it is an SBR with a suppressor on it.


    @OP. Apologies if I didn't answer your question directly. Re-reading your post, one question you raised is sending your firearm to Jasyon at IGF. My experience with him was great. He was an excellent communicator who promptly responded to my emails. And I like the finished product, and I would send my next HK to Jasyon for mods if I need to.

    Thank goodness I am done (famous last words...) with my HK416/MR556/MR762 addiction! Jokes aside, I have been working on a number of SP5K projects the last few months but work has been killing me. The good news is that the SBR permits are taking like 1,000 years so I can kinda sorta sit on my arse and not really hold up the

    IIRC, one other HKPro member (with a great reputation) had issues with the barrel of his HK416 getting damaged, but you need to use the search function on that one.

    On a completely separate note, I wanted to get more speed out of my 12" SBR so I asked Berger if they would custom make me a batch of 7.62 ammo. As previously mentioned, I don't do handloads. I am such a cluts that I would probably blow myself up accidentally. So I will leave it to the experts/professionals. Long story short, they told me no-go. In fact, they said hell-no!! Based on the speeds I wanted out of the barrel, the pressure would be enormous and could cause the receiver to blow-up.

    I will have to dig through my emails, but I think I wanted like 3,300 ft/s out of the barrel. Anyhows, the immediate and adamantly negative response from Berger pretty much told me I should stick with "normal" 7.62 ammo. Maybe in a few months when I have some free time, I can research a hotter albeit safe load for us folks with MR762 SBRs that want more speed!

    Once again, best of luck and do post pics when u are done. I will try to clear my inbox, but I do have a ton of messages with lots of great info that I want to keep.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 3,008
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    @Drooler , I’m 6 months into my SF SOCOM 762-RC2 clearing Tax Stamp Prison. It’s on my trust so I’m in for the long haul. I can’t wait to get it on my 12” 762. I really want to see the difference with the AGB.
    Drooler likes this.

  6. #15
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Posts : 544
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drooler View Post
    @mr223a1 . I didn't any issues at all shooting long distance.

    The sights were great with nothing blocking. And the laser or IR was super bright as you may be able to see in the picture. Just point and shoot...
    What I actually meant was whether the need to accommodate the AN/PEQ-15 constituted the sole reason of choosing a specific height of the optics mount, or was it random? I personally prefer to keep the height over the bore as low as reasonably practicable and I'm not particularly fond of the G28 stock either.

  7. #16
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Drooler's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Location : Mid West
    Posts : 1,068
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    @Drooler , I’m 6 months into my SF SOCOM 762-RC2 clearing Tax Stamp Prison. It’s on my trust so I’m in for the long haul. I can’t wait to get it on my 12” 762. I really want to see the difference with the AGB.
    Once you get that suppressors approved... You can use it for your MR556es/HK416es as well.

    Best of luck with the SBR MR762. Some folks have had no cycling issues despite using the OEM 16" gas block. But you should definitely be good with the adjustable gas block.

    Which reminds me... I paid some company in Florida a few hundred bucks for a MR762 gas block. Not sure if it was a 12" gas block or an AGR, but I need to check if they finally have it in stock.

    Is your AGR complete? Or will you need to McGivver some parts? I hope it is the former....

  8. #17
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Drooler's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Location : Mid West
    Posts : 1,068
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post
    What I actually meant was whether the need to accommodate the AN/PEQ-15 constituted the sole reason of choosing a specific height of the optics mount, or was it random? I personally prefer to keep the height over the bore as low as reasonably practicable and I'm not particularly fond of the G28 stock either.
    The optic mount was to take advantage of the MR762's ability to reach out to 1,000M. To be brutally frank, I took the Accuracy 1st class because I was/am such a newbie that I had so many questions including what optic mount to purchase. I was advised to buy a particular LaRue optic mount (back in 2012???) for a variety of reasons including... I suspect it doesn't interfere with the AN/PEQ15.

    Maybe there is a lower mount that still clears the AN/PEQ15, but that I am not sure at all. Sorry bro.

    I don't spend too much time on the MR762 (or the HK416) for that matter to like or dislike the G28 buttstock. They all seem the same to me, which is probably blasphemy to long range shooters. All I know is that I really disliked the OEM MR762 and OEM HK416/MR556 butt stocks as they are pretty bulky.

  9. #18
    Premium Professional
    koolaidohyeaah's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Posts : 246
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Drooler, that looks awesome. Thanks for posting numerous pictures showing us what yours looks like. Your collection sounds like mine!

  10. #19
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Drooler's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Location : Mid West
    Posts : 1,068
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolaidohyeaah View Post
    Drooler, that looks awesome. Thanks for posting numerous pictures showing us what yours looks like. Your collection sounds like mine!
    Hahaha. Looks like you an I both have a massive HK addiction problem!

  11. #20
    Premium Professional
    koolaidohyeaah's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Posts : 246
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Funny you say that! Because I can’t help but spend any excess money I have on HK rifles.
    Last edited by koolaidohyeaah; 04-16-2018 at 04:26 AM.
    Drooler likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

mr762 12 barrel

,
peq-15 setup
,
tsc barrel work
Click on a term to search for related topics.