adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alberich View Post
    I ordered the 10" gas block from ZIB in March (HK416 Gasblock, 10.4", H&K) and expected to get the closed one as shown in the picture. Instead, I got the vented gas block (with 10" marking). I asked ZIB, if I could get the closed one and the reply was "Sorry, we just have the vented one at the moment".
    good to know. thank you. i guess i will contact them and ask. if i can get a vented one that would be ideal and ill try to pair that with an H9 buffer.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

On a 10.4” barrel, you can use any MR gas block that is vented, be it a HK OEM 10.4” vented block, a HK OEM 10.4” solid block that you have drilled or even a 14.5”-16” vented gas block. No matter how you choose to go you will need to have the barrel gas port bored out/tuned to work with the vented gas block.

Talk to @InshallahTech . He did my barrels and they work great!
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    On a 10.4” barrel, you can use any MR gas block that is vented, be it a HK OEM 10.4” vented block, a HK OEM 10.4” solid block that you have drilled or even a 14.5”-16” vented gas block. No matter how you choose to go you will need to have the barrel gas port bored out/tuned to work with the vented gas block.

Talk to @InshallahTech . He did my barrels and they work great!
    damn, so if i get me a factory vented block for 10" i will still need to get my barrel worked on? sheesh...i dont want to alter anything on my 416. i didnt even want to hack my sling loops off to fit my geissele rail!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post
    i guess that only applies if i get stopped and searched by my friends in customs when i return i guess. it is a gas block...not a barrel, receiver nor even an auto sear. it is a very small item that many eyes are oblivious to.

i guess since it is made by HK i can put it in a sock and beat people to death with it...but i can do the same with a roll of quarters.
    Sigh...... :-/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    Sigh...... :-/
    hey they get into this country no problems at all and are being sold at outrageous prices on gunbroker as well as other places on the internet. is somebody going to question me about a gas block that is already sold here?

ok fine...i am not going to buy this in europe and bring it back home. i was just making that up to show off. i actually just paid $600 on gunbroker to get that gas block. does that make you feel better now? i am not going to break the law...instead somebody else probably did and i simply legitimately paid him for the gas block.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

hey they get into this country no problems at all and are being sold at outrageous prices on gunbroker as well as other places on the internet. is somebody going to question me about a gas block that is already sold here?

ok fine...i am not going to buy this in europe and bring it back home. i was just making that up to show off. i actually just paid $600 on gunbroker to get that gas block. does that make you feel better now? i am not going to break the law...instead somebody else probably did and i simply legitimately paid him for the gas block.
    There ya go..... ;-)
    PCFIVEZ likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

damn, so if i get me a factory vented block for 10" i will still need to get my barrel worked on? sheesh...i dont want to alter anything on my 416. i didnt even want to hack my sling loops off to fit my geissele rail!
    The alteration to gas port for a vented 10.4" gas block only brings the gun up to current HK specification. They don't make non-vented versions anymore that I know of and for good reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The alteration to gas port for a vented 10.4" gas block only brings the gun up to current HK specification. They don't make non-vented versions anymore that I know of and for good reason.
    so does that mean a vented gas block wont make any difference on my setup if i just simply put it on without having the barrel port expanded?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so then what are my options on resolving my overgassing issue without having to drill anything out?

closed gas block with H9 buffer?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

so does that mean a vented gas block wont make any difference on my setup if i just simply put it on without having the barrel port expanded?
    Installing a vented block on an unmodified barrel will make it undergassed when not run suppressed. Exact opposite issue.

so then what are my options on resolving my overgassing issue without having to drill anything out?

closed gas block with H9 buffer?
    You could do this. Not sure it won't create as many issues as it solves though. That's a lot of extra mass to be pushing around at those speeds which will make the felt recoil noticeably worse and controllability will suffer, especially when chambering. It will cause serious "dot bounce" (term used to describe excessive movement of a red dot sight on a gun) and slower follow up shots.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links