adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF?

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    Installing a vented block on an unmodified barrel will make it undergassed when not run suppressed. Exact opposite issue.

You could do this. Not sure it won't create as many issues as it solves though. That's a lot of extra mass to be pushing around at those speeds which will make the felt recoil noticeably worse and controllability will suffer, especially when chambering. It will cause serious "dot bounce" (term used to describe excessive movement of a red dot sight on a gun) and slower follow up shots.
    that just sounds like a bunch of accurate answers to me. thank you so much for your info and like i said in the PM i will be needing your services in the near future.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Joining this conversation late in the game....... @PCFIVEZ , what issue are you trying to correct with a different gas block? are you over-gassed while suppressed? and for what it is worth, I am far from any kind of an authority on this subject matter, I'm just following the thread for curiosity sake.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    Joining this conversation late in the game....... @PCFIVEZ , what issue are you trying to correct with a different gas block? are you over-gassed while suppressed? and for what it is worth, I am far from any kind of an authority on this subject matter, I'm just following the thread for curiosity sake.
    yes...OG issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alberich View Post
    I ordered the 10" gas block from ZIB in March (HK416 Gasblock, 10.4", H&K) and expected to get the closed one as shown in the picture. Instead, I got the vented gas block (with 10" marking). I asked ZIB, if I could get the closed one and the reply was "Sorry, we just have the vented one at the moment".
    You live in Germany, if you have an MR223 you either have an A3 that does not need any change OR you can ask your local HK dealer to get a current replacement block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting HK parts in Germany is a nightmare, when they are not in stock. I'm still waiting for an order I placed in June. Nothing fancy, just some roll pins and springs.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

I have one of those agb and haven’t change the gas port size in my barrel. Seems to be ok so far in my limited suppressed testing, but it’s in semi-auto only. Is the consensus to enlarge the gas port to 1.5 for semi and f/a use? There’s a MG shoot coming up in June that I’m trying to prep for.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Is the consensus to enlarge the gas port to 1.5 for semi and f/a use?
    1.6mm, the same size as the larger port (at least on the updated Norwegian AGR).
    Oicani likes this.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post
    that just sounds like a bunch of accurate answers to me. thank you so much for your info and like i said in the PM i will be needing your services in the near future.
    Report back how everything works out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Oicani, I should have also mentioned, 1.6mm is the barrel gas port size on the vented gas block 10.4" uppers and that the updated Norwegian AGR and the vented 10.4" gas blocks share the same 1mm vent. So, the answer is very clear for lots of reasons.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

yep... those Norwegian AGR come in two Gens: 1 and 2. The Gen 1 has a larger gas vent closer to 1.4mm. Gen 1 is at 1.0mm. I've only tested the Gen 2 on 10.4" barrel. I'm also waiting on a 9" barrel from IGF that has a Gen 2 AGR installed on it and plan on comparing it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links