adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: adjustable gas block on a 10.4 AF?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    dragnet's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 188
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    I have an MR556 10.5" with the 2nd generation Norwegian AGR. The barrel gas port is (I believe) 1.6mm, with the two AGR settings at 1mm and 1.4mm. tlrgsxr will know for sure since it's his upper originally.

    I'm running it with a VLTOR A5 system with the A5H4 buffer and Sprinco green spring, suppressing it with a Rugged Surge. It runs like a top both suppressed and unsuppressed - the settings seem perfect. Ejection is at 3-4 o'clock both ways, I just need to remember to switch the AGR, which I sometimes forget to do and can lead to either ejection at almost 1-2 o'clock (overgas) or failure to cycle, depending on which way I forget.

    One annoyance is that it requires a tool to adjust, but I wrapped an allen key in rubber friction tape and keep it in a BCM grip. No rattle noise and it's away until I need it.

  2. #32
    Premium Professional

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 265
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    I put a 2nd Gen AGR on the 14.5” upper I’m almost done with. Hoping everything goes well without too much fiddling around. Now I need to figure out what to do with the two MR556 barrels I have sitting at home.

  3. #33
    Very Senior Member
    InshallahTech's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Location : WA
    Posts : 381
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    I put a 2nd Gen AGR on the 14.5” upper I’m almost done with. Hoping everything goes well without too much fiddling around. Now I need to figure out what to do with the two MR556 barrels I have sitting at home.
    Have you measured the vent on the block and the two setting port sizes on this AGR?

    If the vent is the smaller version (1mm) i'd heavily suggest removing that AGR from your 14.5" barrel post haste and certainly do not actually shoot it in that configuration.

    If it's the larger vent, then have fun!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Aug 2000
    Posts : 781
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragnet View Post
    I have an MR556 10.5" with the 2nd generation Norwegian AGR. The barrel gas port is (I believe) 1.6mm, with the two AGR settings at 1mm and 1.4mm. tlrgsxr will know for sure since it's his upper originally.
    Glad you're enjoying it Dragnet!

    For clarification, the vented 10.4" has a 1.6mm barrel gas port and a 1mm gas block vent. The Norwegian V2 AGR has a 1.6mm setting and a 1.4mm setting with a 1mm vent. So, if used on a 10.4" Mr556 barrel or an older 10.4" 416 barrel, provided the barrel gas port is opened to 1.6mm, it will be functionally identical to a vented 10.4 unsuppressed AND run well suppressed with the more restrictive 1.4mm setting.

  6. #35
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,184
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    Have you measured the vent on the block and the two setting port sizes on this AGR?

    If the vent is the smaller version (1mm) i'd heavily suggest removing that AGR from your 14.5" barrel post haste and certainly do not actually shoot it in that configuration.

    If it's the larger vent, then have fun!
    What you’re saying is a longer barrel requires a larger vent hole, about 1.4mm while a 10.4” barrel can use the 1.0mm vent hole?
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

  7. #36
    Very Senior Member
    InshallahTech's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Location : WA
    Posts : 381
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    What you’re saying is a longer barrel requires a larger vent hole, about 1.4mm while a 10.4” barrel can use the 1.0mm vent hole?
    Yes.

    A smaller vent will not allow appropriate pressure relief and cause excess bolt speed.

  8. #37
    Premium Professional

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 265
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    Yes.

    A smaller vent will not allow appropriate pressure relief and cause excess bolt speed.
    I was under the impression that the 2nd Gen AGR only came with one size forward vent hole (it looks smaller than the vent hole in the 16.5” block I have). The holes in the regulator are obviously larger. I’ll have to get some pin gauges to check definitively.

  9. #38
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Location : PA
    Posts : 164
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Where can I find one of these AGR at? I have an AI 10.4 upper and am interested in swapping out gas blocks to help when shooting suppressed.

  10. #39
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Aug 2000
    Posts : 781
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    I’ll have to get some pin gauges to check definitively.
    Or you could just look 3 posts above yours.

  11. #40
    Premium Professional

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 265
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    Or you could just look 3 posts above yours.
    I was mainly referring to the front vent hole. I see it was stated as 1mm, but then it was suggested that there is one with a larger front port. Considering the block was made for use on 16” and 10” Norwegian guns, it would be interesting to know if there are, in fact, two different sizes based on the barrel length.

    I bought the AGB with plans to use it on a cut down to 10.4” MR556 barrel. I then came into a HK416 14.5” barrel and can’t bring myself to have it chopped. I put the AGB on the 14.5”, but haven’t taken it out to shoot yet. I’m still going to do the converted 10.4”, but may just use a vented 10” gas block.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •