Me and G28 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Me and G28

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I'm aware of that, however I did not wrote "Brownells Deutchland". It barely has anything in stock and in prices are twice as big as Brownells, where I (as industry professional) had dealer account.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

sdx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing some pictures, looks like my kind of festival !

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Montrala,

THANK YOU. You said:

But what arrive was G28 for me to shoot. Cenrex provided me with Fiocchi .308EXO (175gr HPBT) ammo (not ideal for G28, but good ammo). I zeroed G28 with this ammo "on the job". Because G28 scope is dedicated to 147gr FMJ ammo, I used 300m as my zero, to have enough clicks for 800m shooting.

That is great to hear, because ALL of the German manufactured 7.62x51 ammo I've purchased recently has been 148 gr FMJ. I'll report back after I go to the range with results how it shoots out of both my HK 91's and out of the MR762. It may be a bit before the scope I'm wanting is in.

But I am GLAD to see the German Army has decided on 147 gr FMJ as the 'standard round for the 417!! Thanks for saying that. Makes me feel a lot better about that round - it was a guess on my part.
    Last edited by wallew; 10-11-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    But I am GLAD to see the German Army has decided on 147 gr FMJ as the 'standard round for the 417!! Thanks for saying that. Makes me feel a lot better about that round - it was a guess on my part.
    Ammo designated to use in G28 is regular FMJ round that was used in G3 and MG3. Its designation is DM111A1/AB22. It is by no means precision or match grade ammunition. That us is why HK went trough so many hops and loops to guarantee 1.5MOA with essentially 4MOA ammunition (4-5MOA is usual acceptance threshold for infantry rifles around here).

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Montrala,

I don't THINK it is precision ammo. I was just stating that the OPTICS that was on the rifle you were using was set up to use 147 gr.

That's all. That means it should function. Pretty sure MOST military specs for ammo is 'minute of man' type of spec - IE it can hit MOM at 300 yards - perhaps beyond.

But it's just the fact that they USE 147 gr ammo. That's it.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The Optic is not really tied to any loading. Its a normal FFP scope with mil reticle and 1cm/100m clicks, there are no pre-calculated point of impact distance marking that a "set up to use xyz" scopes with pre-etcted retifles have.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    The Optic is not really tied to any loading. Its a normal FFP scope with mil reticle and 1cm/100m clicks, there are no pre-calculated point of impact distance marking that a "set up to use xyz" scopes with pre-etcted retifles have.
    So, you’re saying it’s not a BDC reticle? ;-)
    baljar likes this.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I was trying to say that the German Military chose a 147gr 308 bullet to work with the MR762(417) so the ammo I purchase will work with the gun, that's all.

Actually the scope I'll be using will have a BDC reticle on the MR762 - it will be the same scope I've put on my HK91's - Redfield 6-18x40 accu range with an AO. I just like older stuff, because I've used them in the past and I know how to use them. These days you can find them online, send them in for a refurb for less than $200 and you are into really good glass for about $500. I like to use vintage Redfield with the accu trac/accu range set up - out to 600 m - which is farther than I can see WITH the scope these days. I can't even tell you how much I'm hoping my vision improves a little with cataract surgery. It made a huge difference with my wife.

One of these days, if you are lucky, you will reach my age, which is 65. You MAKE all sorts of adjustments to what you shoot, when and where as you age.

I know, I know, not sexy and most folks here don't actually think about what happens when THEY reach 45, much less 65.

I've got a good friend that I made sharing a bench in gunsmithing school, 1997/98 - he was 25 and I was 45. NOW? He's 45 and I'm 65. He stopped being a Spec op armorer (contract) and after six years, has gone back to be a normal armorer and got married to a nice lady from the Ukraine and they live somewhere near Ft. Bragg. He was complaining about things not working as well as they used to, which I replied with, "Not so high speed, low drag these days, eh?" He admitted that he sees the day when everything hurts all the time. I smiled inwardly and said, "If you live long enough, yes"
    Last edited by wallew; 10-11-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links