Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?

Thread: Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Default Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?

I am considering updating my MR762 with the newer Slim Line handguard, but I am curious as to how shooters using the HKey system have mounted slings to the handguard.

I thought it would be a bit bulky to add a rail section just to attach a sling point. Does HK or any other company make a sling mount native to the HKey system?

It would make a lot more sense to have a QD loop or sling slot that attaches directly to the HKey points on the sides, as opposed to trying to angle something off the top or bottom rails.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...er/237813.html

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gator33 View Post
    I am considering updating my MR762 with the newer Slim Line handguard, but I am curious as to how shooters using the HKey system have mounted slings to the handguard.
    Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop attached through HKey mounting slots in the rail and put in extra thermoplastic wire jacket/sheathing, is what I use.

Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?-mr.jpg

Does HK or any other company make a sling mount native to the HKey system?
    Apparently HKey compatible sling mounts were supplied by HK to the British MoD as a part of SA80 A3 upgrade package. Good luck getting your hands on it, since it's made of unobtainium. And I wouldn't count on any other company making anything compatible with this f*cked up proprietary Hkey standard either.

Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?-sa80-a3.jpg

It would make a lot more sense to have a QD loop or sling slot that attaches directly to the HKey points on the sides, as opposed to trying to angle something off the top or bottom rails.
    It would indeed. But common sense doesn't mean much to the HK.

I'm holding my thumbs for HK CSASS. If it's fielded, we might hope for Geissele CSASS rail to hit the market some day.
    Last edited by mr223a1; 06-14-2018 at 07:21 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Thanks for that. I completely forgot about BFG's U Loop.
    It's too bad HK doesn't have anything for it.
    I have emailed Geissele back and forth for months on the MLok/CSASS handguard and haven't heard anything positive.

Apparently Bill Geissele had some big product demo earlier this year where he said the HK rails would be coming, but who knows.

Still, the HK purist in my wants to stay factory, so the Slim Line & U Loop may be in my future.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, this my solution for sling mount, i have free space for hand on handguard and i have for me a better working point for the sling.Sling mount options for the HKey / Slim Line handguards?-sling-mr308.jpg

Magpul RSA-QD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I thought it would be a bit bulky to add a rail section just to attach a sling point. Does HK or any other company make a sling mount native to the HKey system?

This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...er/237813.html
    I've tried searching for this online but haven't had much luck. Where do you plan to buy it?

Also, here's a slightly longer version: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...697916e96bf1db.

Sponsored Links