Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by houndog View Post
    Not sure why HK would offer a semi auto HK416 when they are selling the MR223A. Seems to me that it would only take away sales from their current civilian version.

To me, the more interesting question is why HK developed the MR223A at all. Since the prevailing opinion seems to be that the HK416 is superior (if for no other reason than longer barrel life) why didn't HK offer a semi-auto version of this rifle to civilians, rather than developing a "watered down" version of the HK416 for the civilian market. I'm actually curious about this and would love to hear from someone who actually knows the answer.
    It's really simple. Because the HK416 is a weapon of war and designated as such by the German government.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I don’t own any of the MR series and probably never will. If you can’t take the upper and (without modification) install it on a full auto lower, I don’t want it. That’s your reason for all those that “just don’t get” why it makes a difference. Making an 11” 416 upper is not a challenge with a factory in the US. Go ahead, yeah the problem is the German government, blah, blah, blah.
    Lamont, Lamont and Lamont like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Hasn’t this horse been beaten to death yet?

It’s the same HK hates us thread.
    It has.

One thing some people absolutely do not do on this site (seemingly to me anyway) is check to see if there are previous threads asking the same question or discussing the same issue before they start a new thread. I think it's easy to understand why we'd want to encourage that this be done, even to include mods combining threads, eventually people would take the hint, some of them anyway. One of this site's primary strengths is that of an information resource. There is some info here you can't get anywhere else, it comes from the Senior members who have BTDT on a given platform, problem, whatever. It doesn't help to have 8 threads on the same subject, it makes information so much harder to find, recent results to the exclusion of older threads/posts or even more puzzling, threads 10 years old to the exclusion of newer stuff.

If it could become an HKPro policy that members (and it's usually brand new or "low time" members) shall use the search function to see if the question they have or issue they wish to discuss has already been addressed before posting, I think it would benefit the site as a whole. There's no malice here, people are just doing this because they don't know any better or are too lazy to look themselves, they'd rather just type the question and hit enter rather than do their own due diligence. There's a metric shat ton of super knowledgeable people on this site but we all have real lives/work/family etc. and I feel it's discourteous to ask other people to do your work for you when you haven't even tried on your own.

"The 'search' function is your friend".
    "We do bad things to bad people".

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The search function on this site absolutely sucks in finding information.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

YES--- when the MR556A3's are imported!!!
    Germany needs a new prime minister.

Tony

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Given this and his drum beating of the AK on an AR centric site, I now believe 7n6 is likely a troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Given this and his drum beating of the AK on an AR centric site, I now believe 7n6 is likely a troll
    noooo you dont think so do you?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdfarming View Post
    noooo you dont think so do you?
    Remember Hanlon's razor...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

...he said to the guy embracing the inbred rapist from Deliverance as his representative image.
    Last edited by dms16; 10-04-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Remember Hanlon's razor...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

...he said to the guy embracing the inbred rapist from Deliverance as his representative image.

Im not sure what your point is on the hanlons razor, if you were calling me stupid atleast do it so a guy with a profile picture like mine can understand it.

maybe this isnt what your point was but i have no malice towards you or 7n6, i was merely sarcastically agreeing with you on your suspicion that 7n6 is a troll. i have noticed him in older threads acting a little trollish. no malice to 7n6 here though i think its more interesting to have a slightly stirred pot. i enjoy it

By the way i had never heard of hanlons razor(you must be thinking;"no suprise" hahah) and im glad to have learned about it, very valuable for me as i too often am quick to attribute political beliefs ect. to malice or evil rather than stupidity. so hanlens razor is good to keep in mind.

JBG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    YES--- when the MR556A3's are imported!!!
    Germany needs a new prime minister.

Tony
    Hk exports the MR223 A3. The problem isn‘t Germany...

I just hate that they put these heavy bull barrels in it. 3.5 kg for a 11“ rifle? That‘s alot! The 416 A5 only weighs 3.0 kg and has the adjustable gasblock... I wish they would release a MR223 A5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links