Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Remember Hanlon's razor...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

...he said to the guy embracing the inbred rapist from Deliverance as his representative image.
    Also remember, there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. They are not (necessarily) the same thing.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdfarming View Post
    Im not sure what your point is on the hanlons razor, if you were calling me stupid atleast do it so a guy with a profile picture like mine can understand it.

maybe this isnt what your point was but i have no malice towards you or 7n6, i was merely sarcastically agreeing with you on your suspicion that 7n6 is a troll. i have noticed him in older threads acting a little trollish. no malice to 7n6 here though i think its more interesting to have a slightly stirred pot. i enjoy it

By the way i had never heard of hanlons razor(you must be thinking;"no suprise" hahah) and im glad to have learned about it, very valuable for me as i too often am quick to attribute political beliefs ect. to malice or evil rather than stupidity. so hanlens razor is good to keep in mind.
    I thought your reply was more of a , "well duh...he's a troll". And the quote was more in regard to why im not quick to call them out.

I do also find your avatar choice curious as well...

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Given this and his drum beating of the AK on an AR centric site, I now believe 7n6 is likely a troll

LOL. A troll for telling the truth? I've spent my adult life looking for the most reliable rifles on the market. If Steyr, B&T, CZ, Arsenal and a host of others can import semi-auto mil spec rifles- then so can HK. FYI- those rifles all have hammer forged chrome lined mil spec barrels as well. It's just an observation.
    Last edited by 7n6; 10-07-2018 at 02:26 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    LOL. A troll for telling the truth? I've spent my adult life looking for the most reliable rifles on the market. If Steyr, B&T, CZ, Arsenal and a host of others can import semi-auto mil spec rifles- then so can HK. FYI- those rifles all have hammer forged chrome lined mil spec barrels as well. It's just an observation.
    Yeah...this same question has been asked and answered a dozen times. I'm deducting points of no use of "because we suck and HK hates us".

And I will run down those manufactuers...

Steyr: US Vltor upper receivers and FN Barrels out of Columbia SC..."milspec" Austrain AUG's have not been imported for almost 3 decades (1989)...unless you count the USR
    B&T: They don't import full commercial rifles; only pistols or SBR's
    Arsenal: Either 922r compliant Saiga conversions or US manufactured AK's using Bulgarian parts and labor.
    CZ: Can't remember exactly the trick on that one, but I remember it being similar to the voodoo that has to be done to the SCAR...can't say I care about CZ's but I guarantee you there is some work around for that gun to be imported.

I'll add Swiss SAN...they are being imported in as pistols by JDI...nothing in rifle configuration upon arrival. Some kits and long-ass 550/551 pistols but no "rifles".

As it has been stated scores of times...HK (unlike all the above) must fight BOTH US import restrictions and equally tight German export restrictions. Are there ways to get what we want?...sure! Is there a way to satisfy the above in an economically viable way that maintains HK build integrity?...that's the question. So far the answer is "no".

As somebody who has "spent their adult life" with such weapons, I'm sure you already knew about all that
    Last edited by dms16; 10-07-2018 at 03:20 AM.

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah...this same question has been asked and answered a dozen times. I'm deducting points of no use of "because we suck and HK hates us".

And I will run down those manufactuers...

Steyr: US Vltor upper receivers and FN Barrels out of Columbia SC..."milspec" Austrain AUG's have not been imported for almost 3 decades (1989)...unless you count the USR
    B&T: They don't import full commercial rifles; only pistols or SBR's
    Arsenal: Either 922r compliant Saiga conversions or US manufactured AK's using Bulgarian parts and labor.
    CZ: Can't remember exactly the trick on that one, but I remember it being similar to the voodoo that has to be done to the SCAR...can't say I care about CZ's but I guarantee you there is some work around for that gun to be imported.

I'll add Swiss SAN...they are being imported in as pistols by JDI...nothing in rifle configuration upon arrival. Some kits and long-ass 550/551 pistols but no "rifles".

As it has been stated scores of times...HK (unlike all the above) must fight BOTH US import restrictions and equally tight German export restrictions. Are there ways to get what we want?...sure! Is there a way to satisfy the above in an economically viable way that maintains HK build integrity?...that's the question. So far the answer is "no".

As somebody who has "spent their adult life" with such weapons, I'm sure you already knew about all that

Steyr- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels using their own mandrels through FN, receivers and some parts made under license, mil spec.

B&T- imports pistol forms with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, needs to start producing US internals or furniture, otherwise- mil spec.

Arsenal- imports complete weapons with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

Swiss San- imports pistol forms with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, needs to start producing US internals or furniture, otherwise- mil spec.

IWI- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

FNH- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

HK- civilian grade, non chrome lined barrels, non mil spec components.

Looking at things objectively, HK could step up the barrels to be chrome lined and profiled correctly. Could manufacture components stateside. Obviously the others are finding ways to deliver their product and meet demand. I don't know the German laws but they could perhaps import most of the components and finish out with their factory stateside. Until then, I own a lot of the other manufacturers or older HK types that are pre-ban.

7n6

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Steyr- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels using their own mandrels through FN, receivers and some parts made under license, mil spec.

B&T- imports pistol forms with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, needs to start producing US internals or furniture, otherwise- mil spec.

Arsenal- imports complete weapons with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

Swiss San- imports pistol forms with hammer forged chrome lined barrels, needs to start producing US internals or furniture, otherwise- mil spec.

IWI- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

FNH- imports components, uses hammer forged chrome lined barrels, finishes out with US made parts in house, mil spec.

HK- civilian grade, non chrome lined barrels, non mil spec components.

Looking at things objectively, HK could step up the barrels to be chrome lined and profiled correctly. Could manufacture components stateside. Obviously the others are finding ways to deliver their product and meet demand. I don't know the German laws but they could perhaps import most of the components and finish out with their factory stateside. Until then, I own a lot of the other manufacturers or older HK types that are pre-ban.

7n6
    Just stop, give it a rest. It’s all been bi€thed about before - the horse is indeed DEAD!

HK will do what HK wants to do. Complaining and comparing them to other manufacturers is BS. They don’t import rifles as pistols, would be great if they did but they don’t. And although I’d love to (but won’t), have fun running around with a SBR’d SAN or B&T always looking over you shoulder waiting for the BATF to ask you about 922r compliance; although unlikely I prefer to remain inside the bounds of the law. It’s just not worth it to me... .

These kinds of threads are pointless. And as Forest Gump was fond of saying, “that’s all I got to say about that.”
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This has become ridiculous.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links