Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market?

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Any chance we'll see semi auto 416/417's for the US civilian market?

Any chance we'll ever see a semi auto 416/417 instead of some dumbed down civilian version with a non chrome lined heavy barrels and non mil spec components? All my HK rifles are over three decades old back when HK did import mostly mil spec stuff and frankly I'd like to own something newer. The parts should be interchangeable 100% with mil spec versions with exceptions of full auto capability out of the box. They don't treat other countries this way, just the US from what I can tell.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

They’re both coming. Not being imported by HK though, by a 3rd party. Only parts that may not be HK though are the barrels, and bolt heads. I know of a couple importers working on these projects.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Civie HK416s... You will never see HK sell you one, never. Best you can hope for (I wouldn't hold my breath) maybe by 2021 we'll finally get some love and see 11" MR556 A3.

As for the alternate stuff, seems Hurricane Butterfly imported those 416C lower from ZIB and Tactical Arms so just note that they have an extra hole for the buttstock rails and not that 3rd hole of happiness we all wish we had access to. They will be in pistol format, a plus! AFAIK, german 416 bolt heads are no longer possible without an EUC to LE as of this year and they are missing 30 to complete their builds.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Parts will never be “100% interchangeable with mil spec” versions as they are not your standard AR pattern rifle.

That right there is the allure of them. Right now you can put together a good quality AR for well under a grand. You can even go as cheap as $300 to build an AR patterned rifle right now.

People buy the H&K MR’s because they are different, and a known quality. If H&K decided to completely stop being innovative and made the same “mil spec” AR that hundreds of companies are churning out, everyone would laugh at them. I know I wouldn’t buy one because of the complete lack of innovation.

I bought my MR762 simply because it isn’t a “mil spec” AR platform. I have plenty of those, I wanted something different, and better.

It would make less than zero sense for them to hop in a completely flooded and soft AR market with the same thing as everyone else.
    caf82313, caf82313 and caf82313 like this.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Any chance we'll ever see a semi auto 416/417 instead of some dumbed down civilian version with a non chrome lined heavy barrels and non mil spec components?
    The MR223A3 and MR308A3 are exactly that.
    Go talk to your congressman about 922r.
    Oh, and they have them up in Canada too.
    You can read up on that here:
    https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...rt/rifles.html
    or here in Canuck-ada:
    http://www.bullseyelondon.com/heckle...estricted.html

7n6

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Steyr seems to be selling decent rifles here as well as FN and Arsenal. They make some parts for 922r compliance in house in the US. HK could make semi auto 416's for the civilian and LE market here if they wanted to. Has nothing to do with contacting congressmen, that's been the import laws for some time and a lot of manufacturers have figured out ways around it.
    Last edited by 7n6; 09-28-2018 at 10:49 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Any chance we'll ever see a semi auto 416/417 instead of some dumbed down civilian version with a non chrome lined heavy barrels and non mil spec components? All my HK rifles are over three decades old back when HK did import mostly mil spec stuff and frankly I'd like to own something newer. The parts should be interchangeable 100% with mil spec versions with exceptions of full auto capability out of the box. They don't treat other countries this way, just the US from what I can tell.

OP: Hmmmm. This is tricky. Short answer. NO.

However.....things change.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure why HK would offer a semi auto HK416 when they are selling the MR223A. Seems to me that it would only take away sales from their current civilian version.

To me, the more interesting question is why HK developed the MR223A at all. Since the prevailing opinion seems to be that the HK416 is superior (if for no other reason than longer barrel life) why didn't HK offer a semi-auto version of this rifle to civilians, rather than developing a "watered down" version of the HK416 for the civilian market. I'm actually curious about this and would love to hear from someone who actually knows the answer.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Hasn’t this horse been beaten to death yet?

It’s the same HK hates us thread.

Like Brad said, the future is unknown.

But for now, we ain’t getting $hit out of HK with regards to 416/417 or MR A3’s.

Other manufacturers have found a way around the import/export issue. HK doesn’t seem willing to make those work arounds for whatever reasons.

I surmise this is due the prevailing attitude in their parent country that wants to shut them down. This seems to have evolved along with the growth of the Greens. JMHO.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 09-30-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    Brad4065, ITD1944, Lamont and 9 others like this.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

People had high hopes when HK built a new factory in the US....I think they are cerakoting VP9 slides and put together MR762s now?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links