Buffer options for 10.4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buffer options for 10.4

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tanodized416 View Post
    Do you know if theres any difference between the vented 14.5 GB vs the 10.4 GB? I recently bought a factory 10.4 that came with a none marked 10' vented GB, makes me believe its the 14.5 GB vented version. anything helps. thanks
    The internal port sizes in the blocks are different. The ports in the actual barrels are different sizes. A vented 14.5 and a vented 10.4 are not the same.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Pictures of the GB in question?
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm just going to test it out and see how she runs with it, if not, i will buy the stamp 10" vented GB... i was also reading that the BBL port needs to be open up once you go vented

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Has a buffer ever worn out—should I look for a spare for the long term?

Also, I’ve heard of guns running a little hot and beating up the buffer, causing the plastic end to “mushroom.” If that happens do I replace the whole buffer, or just the plastic tip? If the latter, is a Colt plastic tip ok, or is there special HK magic in the tip requiring a factory part?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belted View Post
    Any standard h3 or 5+ oz buffer will suit the piston system just fine. There's no need to spend the exuberant money that an hk buffer demands. I settled on a h3 buffer from dsg and a geissele coiled spring and she's running like a top with a solid 3 o'clock ejection and near perfect linear recoil. Thanks all.
    This. Buffer weights are real easy to compare. I go with factory HK buffer springs though. The Wolff XP spring feels similar but not sure how the tensions compare. Not as easy as simply weighing a H3 vs MR556 buffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belted View Post
    I had mine opened up a little at a time until it ran right.

Can you post specs of the final setup that worked for you (barrel port size, gas block port size, buffer spring/weight)? I have a small machine shop. I was going to tap my 16" gas block and drill a 1mm hole in the plug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guys with experience: HK416 10.4" Non-Vented upper, wearing a Surefire SOCOM RC2 can.

Is pairing a heavier buffer, such as the Surefire H9 with the HK action spring a mechanically safe, viable option for cutting down on the overgassing and excessive bolt speed? Are there any negatives to it, such as additional wear on components?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a look a the Vltor A5 buffer system. That might help you out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links