Is it me? Or are all the good 416 uppers drying up??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is it me? Or are all the good 416 uppers drying up???

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I have no ideal based on date code. I have yet to hear of an A5 going to a PD. I have heard of PD's ordering them only for them never to be delivered.
    Wow. Well, its somehow assuring, in a backwards kind of way, that PD's have trouble getting this stuff too.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FYI, I just threw up my AF date code upper for sale with a couple of extras...

It’s not a fancy B_ upper, but it works awesome, and the price reflects as such.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Bumping this thread back up.

As of today's date/time, there are absolutely ZERO HK416 uppers on GB. This trouble's me, in that I think

the end user Agreement has everyone on lockdown {i.e., no more PD lower disposal, selling off uppers} <eek>

Think I called this, but hope I'm wrong.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    This trouble's me, in that I think

the end user Agreement has everyone on lockdown {i.e., no more PD lower disposal, selling off uppers} <eek>

I'm willing to bet that a big part of the LE thing is that the 416 simply isn't the current "hotness". LE guys are beating their meat over stuff like the Geissele duty gun for $900 or whatever the flavor of the month is. Not a ton are able to buy and re-sell stuff for other endeavors. It was a smart move, but not the norm. I know in our case, the BS to keep the 416 support/get more was not worth the headache for our limited number.

It did not help that the market became muddied with parts builds and now there's the Brownell's stuff and Nefarious and Geissele are looking to enter the game.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that a big part of the LE thing is that the 416 simply isn't the current "hotness". LE guys are beating their meat over stuff like the Geissele duty gun for $900 or whatever the flavor of the month is. Not a ton are able to buy and re-sell stuff for other endeavors. It was a smart move, but not the norm. I know in our case, the BS to keep the 416 support/get more was not worth the headache for our limited number.

It did not help that the market became muddied with parts builds and now there's the Brownell's stuff and Nefarious and Geissele are looking to enter the game.
    And you very well could be spot on. If that is/was the case, I was/am hopeful that they'd chop up the lowers, sell off the uppers, and go get that flavor of the month. I'm just not seeing it though. I've not seen {in the US} a 416 upper beyond a BE/BF date code, and those were NIB replacements.

I hope you're wrong, and we start seeing these PD's chopping and selling uppers, otherwise 416 uppers unfortunately are going to be rarer than SP5SD's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Considering the release of the SP5, perhaps there's a chance we'll see the release of a civvie 416 that's more true to it's roots than the current MR's, making the lack of actual 416 uppers a moot point.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chango View Post
    Considering the release of the SP5, perhaps there's a chance we'll see the release of a civvie 416 that's more true to it's roots than the current MR's, making the lack of actual 416 uppers a moot point.
    Yeah....we did. It is/was the .22 Cal Pistol version......uhhhggg.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    I hope you're wrong, and we start seeing these PD's chopping and selling uppers, otherwise 416 uppers unfortunately are going to be rarer than SP5SD's
    Yeah...maybe I'm not playing into whatever your aim is here...but you're not tracking. What I'm saying is:
    - There are fewer agencies buying 416's...given the cost and pain of dealing with HK, the juice may not be worth the squeeze for what may no longer be the Teir 1 hotness.
    - There are fewer agencies playing the chop/sell the upper game...be it red tape on HK's end, agency bureaucracy to prevent such activities or lack of interest in the 416 in general.
    - Those still in the game are selling beater uppers with discolored barrels and keeping their new guns

And let's face facts, the 5.56 is NOT going to be the hotness for the next generation warfare. That and the passing of time will put the 416 into categories along side the MK18, Mk12, Mk11 and other things only hardcore collector purists care about.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Yeah...maybe I'm not playing into whatever your aim is here...but you're not tracking. What I'm saying is:
    - There are fewer agencies buying 416's...given the cost and pain of dealing with HK, the juice may not be worth the squeeze for what may no longer be the Teir 1 hotness.
    - There are fewer agencies playing the chop/sell the upper game...be it red tape on HK's end, agency bureaucracy to prevent such activities or lack of interest in the 416 in general.
    - Those still in the game are selling beater uppers with discolored barrels and keeping their new guns

And let's face facts, the 5.56 is NOT going to be the hotness for the next generation warfare. That and the passing of time will put the 416 into categories along side the MK18, Mk12, Mk11 and other things only hardcore collector purists care about.
    I get what you're saying now. Thanks for the clarification.

I just thought that some of these smaller agencies, still had them sitting in the wracks, thinking maybe time to chop/sell and move up.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sfchris View Post
    Just purchased two NIB 416 uppers to repack my 14 and 10” 416s in good shape. Af codes on both. What kind of going price on these?
    Probably what you just paid for them. Price varies on condition. Oh.....BTW...….price checking is prohibited, especially with members that have less than 5 posts.....just FYI.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links