MR556 receiver finish. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MR556 receiver finish.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Praetorian View Post
    That makes sense. On closer examination the upper does also have the “orange peel” finish. It just is not as pronounced as the on the lower. I actually prefer the rougher texture.
    This will also minorly help lube hold better. Not much, but some. Not that it needs it externally.

There was some discussion about "textured" anodizing sometime last year I believe. Quite funny. Lots of folks who didn't understand machining processes nor anodizing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Praetorian View Post
    No not refinished at all. I spoke with HKUSA. Confirmed the SN, mfg’d 12-18-18. This is the way HK Germany is finishing these now for distribution according to the rep. I spoke with.
    I recently purchased a MR556 and mine came without the Warning label and "rougher" texture as well

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InshallahTech View Post
    This will also minorly help lube hold better. Not much, but some. Not that it needs it externally.
    It is ironic you mentioned that. Today while rexamining this, I noticed that the textured finish is much more noticeable when wiped down with an oily rag.
    So it appears you are most correct about this. I wiped it off with a dry rag and it’s much less notable. It is holding the oil very well. I did not know this but it does compute and make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links