HK MR762 SDMR / M110A1 Clone
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: HK MR762 SDMR / M110A1 Clone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK MR762 SDMR / M110A1 Clone

Hey guys I’m going to move towards a clone of the two service rifles above but have a few questions about the refinishing. I’m wanting the most authentic look as far as the colors and markings, does anyone have any recommendations? Also wouldn’t mind starting a pic thread for the rifle. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK MR762 SDMR / M110A1 Clone-4f295089-d0e0-41ce-8ddc-ef6a36c839cc_1549237025152.jpeg  

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnmammons View Post
    Hey guys I’m going to move towards a clone of the two service rifles above but have a few questions about the refinishing. I’m wanting the most authentic look as far as the colors and markings, does anyone have any recommendations? Also wouldn’t mind starting a pic thread for the rifle. Thanks!
    As for "authentic".....I've got two actual M110-A1 rails left, NIB. All others are sold, and I've been told, that I won't get more.

I only have two, because two buyers backed out. So just FYI.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/search.p...830&pp=&page=3
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Gorgeous rifle and setup!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great looking rifle should!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Darn my luck, I got one of the geissele release rails, so that will have to do. But that is awesome that you have the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a clone thread somewhere for the M110A1? If not, there needs to be one. I want to build this rifle more than anything, but not sure where to start. Are the Brownells 417 lowers an acceptable base to start with? And where or to whom would I send the receivers to for ral8000 paint and 110 markings?

Also, where the hell do you find a Geissele 417 rail? Are these just impossible to find in stock anywhere?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wayfaerer320 View Post
    Also, where the hell do you find a Geissele 417 rail? Are these just impossible to find in stock anywhere?
    Geissele is churning them out for the .mil contract. They released a small batch with their laser marking instead of HK sometime mid last year.

Supposedly they may periodically release some more, but it's hard to say sadly.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zinny View Post
    Geissele is churning them out for the .mil contract. They released a small batch with their laser marking instead of HK sometime mid last year.

Bill G. made some really weird comments about that release on one of their telecasts in that that release almost sounded like it was a one-time deal to shut one single dude up that's been opining for one forever. If you can stand the format and poor connectivity of those ("are we back?" ought to be their catchphrase), it should be in one of the most recent.

Hard to say though; the 416 rails come and go at weird times so you never know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zinny View Post

Bill G. made some really weird comments about that release on one of their telecasts in that that release almost sounded like it was a one-time deal to shut one single dude up that's been opining for one forever. If you can stand the format and poor connectivity of those ("are we back?" ought to be their catchphrase), it should be in one of the most recent.

Hard to say though; the 416 rails come and go at weird times so you never know...
    Consider that their sales page has both the black and RAL colors listed, but black has never been available. If it was a one time deal from the beginning, I doubt they’d have put up the black ones at all since they were never available for sale.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

That logic would seem to stand. It was just an odd exchange as a few HK-marked rails and the limited release of non-HK-marked had already happened.

Hopefully for a lot of people's sake they do not become like some of their peers with their unique items becoming unobtainium.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links