HK416 lower in need of engraving
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: HK416 lower in need of engraving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416 lower in need of engraving

I'm in need of someone that knows where I can get a clone lower. My best guess is purchasing a HK416 80% lower, and send it off to get marked, then mill it out, and then send it to get anodized. Any thoughs, or help in my project are greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The brownells BRN4 lowers are nice and are already milled out and just need engraved. I'm looking for the best place to send one for engraving as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an extra of the cnc gunsmithing 80% lowers that I don’t think I’m going to do another build with if you’re interested shoot me a pm.
    Last edited by Ukyank; 02-22-2019 at 11:59 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Armory Valentine in Grand Rapids MI. http://www.avcoatings.com This was my BRN-4 lower. They engraved it while I waited, lol. Same group that did my G28. Definitely recommend them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK416 lower in need of engraving-a94594c6-9539-412c-ad9c-5513cb7fccd3_1550912001453.jpeg   HK416 lower in need of engraving-44111dc7-e368-482e-aaee-032868bb679a_1550912009348.jpeg  
    Renegade, D9M9TR9S and Jack_Bauer like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That does look really nice. I'll have to get in contact with them. It is a much better, and cost-effective plan then I had originally. Thank you!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

UnarmedWarWolf, I'm the guy you purchased the lower from on GunBroker - User ID: old_gunner, please use the files that I sent you as it contains the accurate markings, fonts, etc etc, everything your engraver will need. Note that the fonts on browna7171 is incorrect to the accurate markings. Just giving you a heads up.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnarmedWarWolf View Post
    I'm in need of someone that knows where I can get a clone lower. My best guess is purchasing a HK416 80% lower, and send it off to get marked, then mill it out, and then send it to get anodized. Any thoughs, or help in my project are greatly appreciated.
    If you go down the route above... I would suggest milling, anodizing, then laser engraving. You can engrave first, but then it should be “deep engraved”, but then you will have to color fill after the anodizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I saw your post you linked me to. I love your idea, and placed a order for your lower, and a Ghost Gunner 2 because I don't trust myself to be precise. I do have to ask what CNC bit would you recommend I use for the lettering for best results? I've been mucking arond the CNC software with a standard lower and I see where everything goes just not the bit to use.

Quote Originally Posted by intz2nu View Post
    UnarmedWarWolf, I'm the guy you purchased the lower from on GunBroker - User ID: old_gunner, please use the files that I sent you as it contains the accurate markings, fonts, etc etc, everything your engraver will need. Note that the fonts on browna7171 is incorrect to the accurate markings. Just giving you a heads up.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I found this to be incredibly helpful.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ing-files.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intz2nu View Post
    Note that the fonts on browna7171 is incorrect to the accurate markings. Just giving you a heads up.
    There's also a typo. It must be GmbH, not Gmbh.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links