HKPRO Forums banner

Geissele Automatics usage in 416 uppers.

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  dms16 
#1 ·
So, I have recently finished my Brownell's build. All HK parts including the uppers. I decided to use a Geissele Automatics fire control group in the lower. The hammer will not impact the bolt/firing pin with enough force to set off the round thanks to the pesky lifting lever in the top of the bolt carrier. Is this a safety device to prevent Accidental discharge?
Can it be removed or am I forced to use the FCG that came with the kit?
Thanks

#3 ·
Geissele makes a 416 specific FCG that has a hammer high enough (Mil-Spec) to lift the firing pin safety. You can remove the FPS if you wish, but it is a safety feature to prevent the firing pin from impacting the primer with the heavy buffer spring on the HK416. I’d use the HK416 specific FCG from G and then you don’t have to worry when chambering a round.

#9 ·
Call Geissele direct and they will tell you exactly what you need. I bought a Geissele SSF trigger for my MR556 lower/HK416 upper with RDIAS build and it has worked flawlessly (not one malfunction) in over 5000 rounds. And IMO Geissele triggers are, dare I say it, better than the original HK OEM triggers.

#13 ·
Failed how?

If something broke, call them; they most likely will want the complete trigger back. Just call.

No idea what Geissele today will do but I had a broken hammer (snapped below the strike face in less than 150 rounds) back in 09ish. Threw it in a drawer for 3+ years assuming I'd get dogged on it and found it when I moved. Decided to give 'em a call. They had a new one en route before the call ended.

#16 ·
Gotcha... didn't know you meant the standards SSF not the 416 SSF

You gotta take the firing pin stop out if you want to run standard SSF hammer and get good primer hits.

The 416/mr556 will work in other guns even select fire as the lowers were designed in spec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.