which 416 is the MR556 closest too? D?

Thread: which 416 is the MR556 closest too? D?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default which 416 is the MR556 closest too? D?

I apologize for my ignorance and I actually been reading around, still a little confused about the 416 variants. I will research more but basically I have an MR556 upper currently in US lower , I ordered a HK 416 stripped lower from a Brownells and want to give mine a little more genuine look and was trying to figure out on the markings which to mark with. HK 416 D?
    Or just HK 416? Besides all the other marks of course. I want to do it where it somewhat makes sense. Also I never cared for the “warning” marking in the front but would it be stupid not to have it put on? I’m sure it’s subjective but I want to do it without regret, If it just won’t look right without it I will do it. I haven’t really seen opinions on that, most seem to add it because It’s more authentic looking. While I want it to look more authentic, I know it will never be really close to true 416 so I’m at least not right now real picky about that.

I also considered just having it marked HK MR556 A1 to match my upper. Would that make more sense? Sorry if these are ridiculous questions. Just want to get opinions before having it etched....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my own personal experience, the "D" version always had the domestic markings. However, tactical-life.com classifies it as this;

This “D” model (HK 416D) from HK has a 10.4″ barrel and features HK’s grenade launcher module in 40mm. The rifle is similar in most respects to other HK 416s we have seen; It is piston driven with HK-style sights and a steel magazine. But dissimilar to the models before this one, the GLM mounds are under the quad-rail system and can be removed for use as a standalone device. The stock is also a little different with a housing for batteries and a rubber recoil-reducing buttpad with a lot of purchase.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I believe that the "D" is the most typical for US guns and stands for Defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much guys, your input is greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards HK 416 D. I guess they mark their .22LR 416 clone that way and mine will pretty much end up looking almost exActly as that one besides the handguard so it seems to make sense. I also am leaning towards just putting the warning etching in the front as well. Might as well just make look as authentic as possible.

Sponsored Links