Looking for a mag well vise block for MR762
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwillHK

Thread: Looking for a mag well vise block for MR762

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Looking for a mag well vise block for MR762

Anyone had any success in finding one that fits? Looking for one just for maintenance purposes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the upper or lower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the lower preferably. If not the upper as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you tried the Sinclair lower vise block? Does it fit well or had to do some shaving?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The magwell for a MR762/HK417 is bigger than for a standard AR-10 that uses SR-25 pattern mags. You would need something specifically designed for the HK.
    Rhed likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    The magwell for a MR762/HK417 is bigger than for a standard AR-10 that uses SR-25 pattern mags. You would need something specifically designed for the HK.
    Thanks.. had the feeling that it won’t work. How bout upper blocks like this? https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod81804.aspx if this works, I can use it for my MR556 too
    Just need a block to put it on a bench vise for maintenance use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only thing I'm planning on doing on my MR762 is changing out the stock for a G28 stock and switching out some other pieces that don't require much. I bought that vice lower, and I am waiting to see if it will work. If not I could always wrap extra material to give the vice more girth like taping or a wrap. Just because it isn't designed for it doesn't mean you can't get it to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

P
    Quote Originally Posted by UnarmedWarWolf View Post
    The only thing I'm planning on doing on my MR762 is changing out the stock for a G28 stock and switching out some other pieces that don't require much. I bought that vice lower, and I am waiting to see if it will work. If not I could always wrap extra material to give the vice more girth like taping or a wrap. Just because it isn't designed for it doesn't mean you can't get it to work.
    I don’t mind modifying it a little. This one https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod31698.aspx the brownells brand. On the Q&A section, a person ask if it would work on the MR762. Brownells tech replied it will work but “may need some minor fitting to get it perfect”..

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhed View Post
    P
    I don’t mind modifying it a little. This one https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod31698.aspx the brownells brand. On the Q&A section, a person ask if it would work on the MR762. Brownells tech replied it will work but “may need some minor fitting to get it perfect”..
    I read the same thing on Brownell's Q&A and purchased this. As the MR magazine is XL in size, this block is too small. I might consider wrapping it in tape to build up some girth to make it work for my purposes vs. sending it back.

Sponsored Links