How to Color Fill on HK416?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Color Fill on HK416?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Color Fill on HK416?

I've sent off my 80% clone lower to be engraved by Atomic Engraving, but this leaves me with a burning question. How would you go about color filling the HK markings? They are quite shallow. Would the same old method of model paint combined with nonacetone nail polish remover work? Would the paint get deep enough, and stay in the groove when applied? I've felt authentic HK markings on the M27 IAR, and they are very shallow. You can see my pictures the Hk brand markings are shollow, but the serial number, and selector markings are normal depth.

How to Color Fill on HK416?-0313191512b.jpg

How to Color Fill on HK416?-0313191517.jpg
    Last edited by UnarmedWarWolf; 03-13-2019 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Forgot the question mark in the tittle

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I learn something new every day and it's great! Thank you! I didn't know these existed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please post some pics of your engraving when you get it done.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You can also use Testors enamel paint, they are available at local hobby shop.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OEM HK, only the fire selector pictograms are colored-in.

The Make, model, SN, and everything else (Warning labels, import labels) are laser etched through the dyed layer of aluminum and are not manually colored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I understand that, but I could not find an engraver that would do a finished 80% lower without a serial number, and I didn't want to complete a already anodized lower as that would leave exposed aluminium. The only route I could go would be to send the 80% off to be engraved with all proper markings and a serial number, complete it, and then anodize it. The only problem is that doing it in that order would strip the lasers white color so I would have to fill them in with a very thing white paint,

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I too have one of the 80% lowers and am trying to figure out the order of steps to take to complete it. So far it looks like I will need to:
    1. Engrave my info
    2. Anodize
    3. Laser etch HK markings.

That way there is no exposed metal. What I haven't figured out is if I need to engrave my info before completing the lower. I also haven't figured out where on the receiver to engrave my info, but I don't think that is a discussion for HKPro.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Engrave your SN in an inconspicuous place. Like the pistol grip tang. Then anodize and laser etch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links