HK 416 14.5in barrel OTB
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK 416 14.5in barrel OTB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK 416 14.5in barrel OTB

Finally! Amazing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK 416 14.5in barrel OTB-084faa92-bfe4-4d99-b55e-4bcfd29c869b_1554513669163.jpeg   HK 416 14.5in barrel OTB-79b699b1-26b1-4274-9b55-7f2bc086193c_1554513716102.jpeg  

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Glad you're happy, but there's a whole big thread for this:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...o-gallery.html

Also, the "OTB" is a whole list of criteria for this specification...one being drain holes in the proprietary receiver extension which has been replaced by aftermarket. Also, the "BF" uppers that @HKParts.net is selling as "OTB" lack the reduced chamfer on the chamber face for additional case support; one of many things flagrantly wrong with their misleading description.
    LCSO264 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Glad you're happy, but there's a whole big thread for this:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...o-gallery.html

Also, the "OTB" is a whole list of criteria for this specification...one being drain holes in the proprietary receiver extension which has been replaced by aftermarket. Also, the "BF" uppers that @HKParts.net is selling as "OTB" lack the reduced chamfer on the chamber face for additional case support; one of many things flagrantly wrong with their misleading description.
    I thought all 416s after a certain date (can't remember when, but it's before 2015) are made with OTB features? Granted, OP's gun isn't technically "OTB" as it would only have the upper receiver features and isn't proofed by the factory but who's gonna take their new $8k rifle underwater shooting anyway?

I'd be interested to hear what's "flagrantly wrong" with those uppers as advertised too.

To the OP: beautiful gun!
    Last edited by Chango; 04-06-2019 at 12:55 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chango View Post
    I thought all 416s after a certain date (can't remember when, but it's before 2015) are made with OTB features? Granted, OP's gun isn't technically "OTB" as it would only have the upper receiver features and isn't proofed by the factory but who's gonna take their new $8k rifle underwater shooting anyway?

I'd be interested to hear what's "flagrantly wrong" with those uppers as advertised too.

To the OP: beautiful gun!
    HK guns/uppers are great; happy the OP's happy. It's a beautiful upper and should be enjoyed.

The "OTB" thing is more or less a joke on several levels to begin with.

Last time I listed the product desc. it got disappreared by the the mods. But here ya go.
    - The upper has most OTB specs, but as you stated, there are proofs and other parts that make it so that are not present
    - The upper is listed as "reduced profile"...it's the same heavy/SOCOM profile as they've always been on the 14.5". @Drooler , you ever see a light profile 14.5" that you were seeking there for a while?
    - "VENTED" (they use all caps!)...ALL 14.5's have been vented from the start. Me thinks that's a hook for folks that only know 10" guns and that "vented" block uppers are more desirable.
    - HK no longer offers samples dealer direct...yeah, that's been the case for quite a while if I'm not mistaken

In short, they taut old news or specifications that are incomplete, not accurate or not rare to this model to hype it up. No secret the 14.5" is far less popular than 10" guns.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, it's definitely hyped up in the description; the only thing they forgot was the phrase "Teutonic rod of glory".

Anyway, I ask because I have one too... I was happy enough with what I got despite paying a "sucker premium" for a NIB 100% HK upper.

I wonder what the story is behind 'em... how they got snuck out of Germany and onto the open market? I suspect shenanigans ...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chango View Post
    Yep, it's definitely hyped up in the description; the only thing they forgot was the phrase "Teutonic rod of glory".

Anyway, I ask because I have one too... I was happy enough with what I got despite paying a "sucker premium" for a NIB 100% HK upper.

I wonder what the story is behind 'em... how they got snuck out of Germany and onto the open market? I suspect shenanigans ...

Well NIB is all the hook one needs; not too common at this point in time...may change, but likely won't. Hopefully no shenanigans...it's a PITA when .gov officials come a calling (had that happen with a member here selling Gov wares that he shouldn't have been).

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk45cUSMC View Post
    Finally! Amazing!
    Gorgeous rifle and setup!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    HK guns/uppers are great; happy the OP's happy. It's a beautiful upper and should be enjoyed.

The "OTB" thing is more or less a joke on several levels to begin with.

Last time I listed the product desc. it got disappreared by the the mods. But here ya go.
    - The upper has most OTB specs, but as you stated, there are proofs and other parts that make it so that are not present
    - The upper is listed as "reduced profile"...it's the same heavy/SOCOM profile as they've always been on the 14.5". @Drooler , you ever see a light profile 14.5" that you were seeking there for a while?
    - "VENTED" (they use all caps!)...ALL 14.5's have been vented from the start. Me thinks that's a hook for folks that only know 10" guns and that "vented" block uppers are more desirable.
    - HK no longer offers samples dealer direct...yeah, that's been the case for quite a while if I'm not mistaken

In short, they taut old news or specifications that are incomplete, not accurate or not rare to this model to hype it up. No secret the 14.5" is far less popular than 10" guns.
    I don’t think I ever saw a lighter profile 14.5” barrel.

Either I’m not looking hard enough. Or the lighter profile does not exist for the 14.5”.

Technically it could be both I wasn’t looking hard enough + doesn’t exist. : )
    Last edited by Drooler; 04-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drooler View Post
    I don’t think I ever saw a lighter profile 14.5” barrel.

Either I’m not looking hard enough. Or the lighter profile does not exist for the 14.5”.

Technically it could be both I wasn’t looking hard enough + doesn’t exist. : )
    How light you talking? I think mine is .720, but I’d have to double check.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    How light you talking? I think mine is .720, but I’d have to double check.
    Apologies for not being clear.

The HK416 10.4" AF date code barrels were of a much heavier and thicker profile. When the HK416 10.4" AH date code barrels were released, they were of a much slimmer and lighter profile.

When I bought the AG date code 14.5" barrels, I assumed based on the date code that they would be the slimmer and lighter profile barrel as well. But they were not.

I might have some pics that compare the two. But I also think there was an older thread where I posted pics before. Will see if I can find either. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links